Systems Test Engineer
Integrated Systems | Mebane, NC | Full Time
ARCA is an award-winning company that designs, manufactures, and distributes transaction automation systems. We specialize in highly innovative technology and services for cash control in bank branches, retail stores and self-service kiosks. Our success has made us one of the fastest-growing organizations in cash automation.
We provide cash automation technologies to customers in over 50 countries and support these devices with world-class service from our headquarters near the Research Triangle in North Carolina.
The Integrated Software Systems and QA engineer/technician role plays an important part in our company’s product development process. The ideal candidate will be responsible for planning and conducting tests before product launches to ensure software, firmware and hardware runs smoothly and meets client needs, while being cost-effective.
- Review requirements, specifications and technical design documents to provide timely and meaningful feedback
- Create detailed, comprehensive and well-structured test plans and test cases
- Planning and executing hardware evaluation testing for OEM product opportunities
- Estimate, prioritize, plan and coordinate testing activities
- Identify, record, thoroughly document test summaries and track bugs
- Recording of and reporting of bugs in JIRA and communication with global development teams.
- Perform thorough regression testing when bugs are resolved
- Develop and apply testing processes for new and existing products to meet client needs
- Liaise with internal teams (e.g. developers and product managers) to identify system requirements
- Peer review of data and documents with internal team
- Monitor debugging process results
- Investigate the causes of non-conforming software and train users to implement solutions
- Track quality assurance metrics, like defect densities and open defect counts
- Stay up-to-date with new testing tools and test strategies
- 2-5 years of experience in hardware / software integration testing
- Education: Associate Degree related to Computer Science or Software Integrated Systems is required. Bachelor of Science for Computer Science and/or Software Integration Systems is preferred
- Hands-on experience with both white box and black box testing
- Strong knowledge of software QA methodologies, tools and processes
- Filezilla, MS SQL server, and .NET proficiency
- JIRA, HP, Fogbugz, etc proficiency
- ShareFile, Box, DropBox, OneDrive experience
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum development process
- Experience with performance and/or security testing is a plus
- MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) experience
What’s in it for you?
Based at our high-tech Mebane headquarters near North Carolina’s Research Triangle, you'll enjoy being part of a supportive and skilled team that loves to innovate.
You’ll also enjoy benefits that go beyond the norm.
Four weeks of PTO, a generous 401(k) plan with matching benefits and comprehensive health insurance, and 100% dental coverage.
Corporate functions that are actually fun. We bring food trucks to our parking lot, have catered luncheons and participate in area road races.
A collegial work environment. We are friendly and fun. You can come to work wearing jeans if you want, and you might find the CEO doing the same.
Little things. There’s fresh fruit and snacks in our cafeteria, as well as an unlimited supply of gourmet coffee, and subsidized gym memberships.
We have huge ambitions. If you’re happy to roll your sleeves up and work as part of an open-minded and entrepreneurial company, you’ll find yourself tremendously well rewarded.
ARCA is an equal opportunity employer. It is the policy of ARCA to prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type and to afford equal employment opportunities to employees and applicants, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression and veteran status. We are committed to a diverse workforce. We support an environment that is inclusive and respectful. We are strongly committed to this policy and believe in the concept and spirit of the law. We look forward to hearing from you.