Finance | Carrollton, TX | Full Time
ARCA, a Sesami Company, is an award-winning manufacturer that distributes transaction automation systems. We specialize in highly innovative technology and services for cash control in bank branches, retail stores and self-service kiosks. Our success has made us one of the fastest-growing organizations in cash automation.
We provide cash automation technologies to customers in over 50 countries and support these devices with world-class service from our headquarters near the Research Triangle in North Carolina.
ARCA seeks a self-motivated Staff Accountant to join its US Accounting team. This includes preparation of journal entries, monthly account reconciliations, inventory and variance analysis. Additionally, this would include assisting with treasury, taxes and payables functions. Additional responsibilities include assisting in the enhancement of accounting processes and participating in special projects.
- Prepare prompt and accurate journal entries, including proper supporting documentation
- Prepare various month/year end schedules and reconcile to the GL
- Review travel expenses to ensure activity is recorded timely and accurately; Prepare Amex Accrual
- Record daily bank statement activity
- Support Sales Tax compliance and filings through Avalara and state websites
- Assist AR with customer requests, collections, and pulling and distributing aging reports
- Collaborate with accounting firm to ensure yearly tax returns are filed timely and accurately
- Assist AP with monthly customer reconciliations to identify any missing or outstanding invoices
- Review and approval of all proposals sent through Proposify
- Support annual Audit process
- Train as backup to AR, AP, and Payroll
- Other duties as assigned
- 2 years+ work experience in corporate or public accounting required
- Bachelor’s Degree in accounting, finance, or relevant field
- CPA or working toward CPA a plus.
- Office 365 experience a plus
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Highly Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Excel required
- Month end close process experience.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strict attention to detail with a high level of accuracy
- Good understanding of accounting and financial reporting principals and practices
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and to proactively provide solutions/improvements
- Team player with a desire to promote a positive and harmonious work environment