Solution Deployment Manager
Global Products and Technology | Mebane, NC | Full Time
ARCA is an award-winning company that designs, manufactures, and distributes transaction automation systems. We specialize in highly innovative technology and services for cash control in bank branches, retail stores and self-service kiosks. Our success has made us one of the fastest-growing organizations in cash automation.
We provide cash automation technologies to customers in over 50 countries and support these devices with world-class service from our headquarters near the Research Triangle in North Carolina.
The Solution Deployment Manager works closely with customers, partners and other ARCA organizations (Support; Operations; Sales; Marketing) to ensure that ARCA solutions are fully releasable and supportable. The Solution Deployment Manager also provides guidance on how to sell/position the new solutions.
Meeting at least five partners / customers per quarter
Managing different local organizations to ensure all activities required to declare Area Ready to Sell (ARS) are completed for any given solution:
1) Ensure all pertinent local organizations are aware of upcoming release
- Local sale
- Local marketing organization
- Local support organization
- Local operations
- Local Process Ordering Organization
2) Ensure units are ordered for local certifications, local testing and pilot/s
3) Ensure certifications with local SW providers, teller vendors, core processors are started and completed
4) Ensure additional testing required by local organization (i.e. applications, currencies, others) are started and completed
5) Ensure local price is assigned to product/solution and/or components (i.e. local applications)
6) Ensure product/solution is orderable (local system)
7) Ensure Solution overview/description is localized, if necessary
8) Ensure Competitive positioning is localized, if necessary
9) Ensure Solution Leave-Behinds (i.e. brochures, videos, white paper, etc.) are localized, if necessary
10) Ensure Sales & customer PPT is localized, if necessary
11) Local Sales and Project Directors are trained
12) Ensure Project Director/s is/are assigned to manage pilot/s
- Ensure pilot/s is/are properly managed
- Identify pilot customer/s
- Ensure parts/support is available for pilots
13) Ensure logs and feedback are collected from pilot/s and communicated to Global PM
14) Ensure Service Agreement is localized
Managing different local organizations to ensure all activities required to declare Area Ready to Install (ARI) are completed for any given solution:
1) Ensure installation and maintenance manuals are made available to local support organization and, if necessary, localized:
- Installation manuals - Site preparation
- Service manuals (first level)
- Service manuals (second level)
- Spare parts catalogue (first level)
- Operator manual
- Software integration manual
- Spare parts catalogue
2) Ensure parts are orderable in local ordering system
3) Ensure parts for local stock are ordered and available
4) Ensure local service organization is fully trained to support product/solution
5) Ensure local operational team is fully trained to support product/solution
6) Interacting with Central Product Management and provide feedback on released solutions and customer requirements
Education & Experience:
1) A bachelor’s degree in Business or related field
2) Communications, marketing, Economics, Public Relations, Statistics, Advertising, and Management are preferred educational experiences
3) Experience / classes in Product Management is preferred
4) At least five years of relevant industry experience
Skills and Knowledge:
1) Leadership and capability to manage different people in various departments
2) Good analytical abilities and outstanding time management skills
3) Capability to deal with stress, obstacles and challenges
4) Past experience in Product Management is a preferred skill
5) Computing literate; expert knowledge of the cash automation industry
6) Common business sense, marketing knowledge and ability to handle detailed logistics
7) Strong inter-communication skills for interaction with customers; partners; colleagues
8) Well organized; strong oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills
9) Ability to bring projects to completion within the schedule provided and work around problems
10) Flexibility and ability to adapt to change quickly
11) Flexibility to travel and visit customers/partners
Preferred Skills & Others:
1) Knowledge of ARCA solutions is preferred
Who we are
ARCA is an award-winning company that designs, manufactures, and distributes transaction automation systems. We specialize in highly innovative technology and services for cash control in bank branches, retail stores and self-service kiosks.
Our success has made us one of the fastest-growing organizations in cash automation. We already work with customers in more than 50 countries and have offices in the US, UK, Italy and France.
What’s in it for you?
Based at our high-tech Mebane headquarters near North Carolina’s Research Triangle, you'll enjoy being part of a supportive and skilled team that loves to innovate.
You’ll also enjoy benefits that go beyond the norm.
Four weeks of PTO, a generous 401(k) plan with matching benefits and comprehensive health insurance, and 100% dental coverage.
Corporate functions that are actually fun. We bring food trucks to our parking lot, have catered luncheons and participate in area road races.
A collegial work environment. We are friendly and fun. You can come to work wearing jeans if you want, and you might find the CEO doing the same.
Little things. There’s fresh fruit and snacks in our cafeteria, as well as an unlimited supply of gourmet coffee, and subsidized gym memberships.
We have huge ambitions. If you’re happy to roll your sleeves up and work as part of an open-minded and entrepreneurial company, you’ll find yourself tremendously well rewarded.
ARCA is an equal opportunity employer. It is the policy of ARCA to prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type and to afford equal employment opportunities to employees and applicants, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression and veteran status. We are committed to a diverse workforce. We support an environment that is inclusive and respectful. We are strongly committed to this policy and believe in the concept and spirit of the law. We look forward to hearing from you.