Software Partners, Core Processors and Teller Vendors Manager
Global Products and Technology | Mebane, NC | Full Time
ARCA is an award-winning company that designs, manufactures, and distributes transaction automation systems. We specialize in highly innovative technology and services for cash control in bank branches, retail stores and self-service kiosks. Our success has made us one of the fastest-growing organizations in cash automation.
We provide cash automation technologies to customers in over 50 countries and support these devices with world-class service from our headquarters near the Research Triangle in North Carolina.
The Software Partners, Core Processors and Teller Vendors Manager has the responsibility to interact and manage the relationship with the providers of application solutions outside ARCA. He/she has the key responsibility to develop and nurture the relationship with these companies and to ensure that the ARCA solutions are certified and supported.
1) Meeting at least five Software (SW) partners; teller vendors; core processors per quarter
2) Developing and nurture relationship with software partners; teller vendors; core processors
3) Facilitating integrations of ARCA solutions with software partners; teller vendors; core processors and ensure all ARCA solutions are fully integrated, certified and supported
4) Obtaining formal certificates of integration from SW partners; teller vendors; core processors
5) Informing, updating and training software partners; teller vendors; core processors on ARCA solutions
6) Maintaining ARCA solutions installed in the labs of SW partners; teller vendors; core processors and ensure they are constantly updated with latest firmware and CDF
7) Maintaining table with certification status of ARCA solutions and share table with sales force
8) Meeting periodically with sales force and communicate status of existing integrations
9) Supporting sales force in sales activities that require interaction with software partners; teller vendors; core processors
10) Collecting market information/requirements from software partners; teller vendors; core processors and share with Local and Central Product Manager
Education & Experience:
1) A bachelor’s degree in Business or related field
2) BSc/BA in Business Administration or similar field
3) Communications, marketing, Economics, Public Relations, Statistics, Advertising, and Management are preferred educational experiences
4) At least five years of relevant industry experience
Skills and Knowledge:
1) Teamwork and leadership skills, together with capability to manage different people in various departments
2) Good analytical abilities and outstanding time management skills.
3) Capability to deal with stress, obstacles and challenges
4) Excellent inter-communication skills for interaction with customers; partners; colleagues
5) Proven experience as a Client/Partner Relationship Manager
6) Knowledge of customer relationship management practices
7) Experience in sales or customer service is preferred
8) Problem-solving attitude
9) Aptitude for fostering positive relationships
10) Customer-oriented mindset
11) Ability to bring projects to completion within the schedule provided and work around problems
12) Flexibility and ability to adapt to change quickly
13) Flexibility to travel and visit customers/partners
Preferred Skills & Others:
1) Knowledge of ARCA solutions is a preferred skill
Who we are
ARCA is an award-winning company that designs, manufactures, and distributes transaction automation systems. We specialize in highly innovative technology and services for cash control in bank branches, retail stores and self-service kiosks.
Our success has made us one of the fastest-growing organizations in cash automation. We already work with customers in more than 50 countries and have offices in the US, UK, Italy and France.
What’s in it for you?
Based at our high-tech Mebane headquarters near North Carolina’s Research Triangle, you'll enjoy being part of a supportive and skilled team that loves to innovate.
You’ll also enjoy benefits that go beyond the norm.
Four weeks of PTO, a generous 401(k) plan with matching benefits and comprehensive health insurance, and 100% dental coverage.
Corporate functions that are actually fun. We bring food trucks to our parking lot, have catered luncheons and participate in area road races.
A collegial work environment. We are friendly and fun. You can come to work wearing jeans if you want, and you might find the CEO doing the same.
Little things. There’s fresh fruit and snacks in our cafeteria, as well as an unlimited supply of gourmet coffee, and subsidized gym memberships.
We have huge ambitions. If you’re happy to roll your sleeves up and work as part of an open-minded and entrepreneurial company, you’ll find yourself tremendously well rewarded.
ARCA is an equal opportunity employer. It is the policy of ARCA to prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type and to afford equal employment opportunities to employees and applicants, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression and veteran status. We are committed to a diverse workforce. We support an environment that is inclusive and respectful. We are strongly committed to this policy and believe in the concept and spirit of the law. We look forward to hearing from you.