Senior Financial Analyst
Finance & Accounting | Mebane, NC | Full Time
ARCA is an award-winning company that designs, manufactures, and distributes transaction automation systems. We specialize in highly innovative technology and services for cash control in bank branches, retail stores and self-service kiosks. Our success has made us one of the fastest-growing organizations in cash automation.
We provide cash automation technologies to customers in over 50 countries and support these devices with world-class service from our headquarters near the Research Triangle in North Carolina.
This role will provide financial and operational reporting and analysis through a mix of recurring responsibilities and project work. The Senior Financial Analyst will prepare and improve financial reporting packages, assist with cost reduction projects, and forecast future business performance. This role will be a mix of financial reporting and forecasting; this is a great opportunity for a CPA looking to transition from auditing/accounting into more forward-looking, value-added work.
- Assist with developing financial forecasts and financial & operational models
- Prepare internal and external financial reporting packages, including revenue analysis, gross margin analysis, and analysis of balance sheet fluctuations
- Develop and present insights and recommendations to management on a recurring and ad-hoc basis
- Develop and utilize financial modeling techniques to evaluate risks and opportunities
- Provide business analysis decision support on cost savings initiatives and other assigned projects
- Create MD&A narratives for monthly and quarterly financial results
- Assist with the preparation of the annual US GAAP financial statements and footnotes, and provide support during the annual audit by a Big 4 audit firm
- Balance Sheet, Income Statement, and Cash Flow preparation and analysis
- Perform variance analysis of actual vs. forecast and prior periods
- Assist with cost reduction / cost savings projects
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field required
- CPA or CFA preferred
- Public Accounting (Big 4) / Corporate experience preferred
- 4+ years of operating finance experience. Manufacturing experience preferred
- Strong Excel and data mining skills
- Experience working with ERP systems and Financial reporting systems required; experience with Infor LN and Adaptive Insights preferred
- Strong presentation and communication skills. Ability to present complex financial data to other members of the organization, especially executives
- Proven ability to work on multiple projects from inception to completion.
- Strong results focus and ability to prioritize tasks
- Strong analytical skills
- Knowledge of corporate finance principles, including the ability to prepare and analyze the balance sheet, income statement, and statement of cash flows
- Proven ability to succeed in a fast paced and constantly changing environment while managing to tight deadlines
- Critical thinking and inquisitive mind
- Ability to analyze and synthesize complex issues to provide insight and metrics to drive the right business decisions
- Ability to work independently
- Attention to detail with the ability to see the big picture
- Ability and desire to travel internationally as needed (estimated 1-2 trips to Italy per year)
What’s in it for you?
Based at our high-tech Mebane headquarters near North Carolina’s Research Triangle, you'll enjoy being part of a supportive and skilled team that loves to innovate.
You’ll also enjoy benefits that go beyond the norm.
Four weeks of PTO, a generous 401(k) plan with matching benefits and comprehensive health insurance, and 100% dental coverage.
Corporate functions that are actually fun. We bring food trucks to our parking lot, have catered luncheons and participate in area road races.
A collegial work environment. We are friendly and fun. You can come to work wearing jeans if you want, and you might find the CEO doing the same.
Little things. There’s fresh fruit and snacks in our cafeteria, as well as an unlimited supply of gourmet coffee, and subsidized gym memberships.
We have huge ambitions. If you’re happy to roll your sleeves up and work as part of an open-minded and entrepreneurial company, you’ll find yourself tremendously well rewarded.
ARCA is an equal opportunity employer. It is the policy of ARCA to prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type and to afford equal employment opportunities to employees and applicants, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression and veteran status. We are committed to a diverse workforce. We support an environment that is inclusive and respectful. We are strongly committed to this policy and believe in the concept and spirit of the law. We look forward to hearing from you.