Installations | Mebane, NC | Full Time
ARCA is an award-winning company that designs, manufactures, and distributes transaction automation systems. We specialize in highly innovative technology and services for cash control in bank branches, retail stores and self-service kiosks. Our success has made us one of the fastest-growing organizations in cash automation.
We provide cash automation technologies to customers in over 50 countries and support these devices with world-class service from our headquarters near the Research Triangle in North Carolina.
The ARCA Installations team is seeking an experienced Project Manager to join our team in Mebane, NC.
Do you have exceptional organizational skills, and ability to manage multiple priorities? Are you superb on the phone and confident liaising with employees at all levels of a company?
If the answer is yes, you could be just the right person to fill our Installation Project Manager role as we continue to turn the cash automation industry upside-down.
As our Installation Project Manager, you’ll work closely with teams throughout the organization, vendors and clients to make sure our installation process runs smoothly.
This is an opportunity to join a fun, supportive and highly skilled team in a growing organization. This is a highly collaborative role that requires you to work with variety of teams throughout the organization. You will also interface with clients on a daily basis and guide them through our installation process.
The ideal candidate will have enthusiasm for customer service and prior project management experience. Knowledge of branch banking is a plus, but not required.
If you don’t like talking on the phone, this probably isn’t the role for you.
If you have ERP experience, that’s great. If you have Infor experience, that’s even better.
• Planning and coordinating the execution of machine installations and updating ARCA*Care with all relevant installation information
• Managing the order entry process
• Conducting kickoff calls with required stakeholders and providing installation summary to customer after each call
• Participating in Pilot Tracking Calls with Project Director and Solutions Expert
• Following up on all installations to ensure customer satisfaction
• Owning overall relationship between ARCA and customers assigned
• Serving as central contact and escalation point for customers assigned
• Developing, documenting and communicating project management processes
• 3 to 5 years of project management, event planning or group organization experience
• A confident and outgoing personality
• Superior organizational skills
• Bachelors degree in project management, general management, business administration or other similar field
• Must be self-directed
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Travel approximately 10% of the year
• PMP certified is preferred
• Quick learner and able to adapt to an ever changing environment
• Detail oriented
• Strong customer service skills
What’s in it for you?
Based at our high-tech Mebane headquarters near North Carolina’s Research Triangle, you'll enjoy being part of a supportive and skilled team that loves to innovate.
You’ll also enjoy benefits that go beyond the norm.
Four weeks of PTO, a generous 401(k) plan with matching benefits and comprehensive health insurance, and 100% dental coverage.
Corporate functions that are actually fun. We bring food trucks to our parking lot, have catered luncheons and participate in area road races.
A collegial work environment. We are friendly and fun. You can come to work wearing jeans if you want, and you might find the CEO doing the same.
Little things. There’s fresh fruit and snacks in our cafeteria, as well as an unlimited supply of gourmet coffee, and subsidized gym memberships.
We have huge ambitions. If you’re happy to roll your sleeves up and work as part of an open-minded and entrepreneurial company, you’ll find yourself tremendously well rewarded.
ARCA is an equal opportunity employer. It is the policy of ARCA to prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type and to afford equal employment opportunities to employees and applicants, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression and veteran status. We are committed to a diverse workforce. We support an environment that is inclusive and respectful. We are strongly committed to this policy and believe in the concept and spirit of the law. We look forward to hearing from you.