Professional Services Consultant
Professional Services | Mebane, NC | Full Time
ARCA is an award-winning company that designs, manufactures, and distributes transaction automation systems. We specialize in highly innovative technology and services for cash control in bank branches, retail stores and self-service kiosks. Our success has made us one of the fastest-growing organizations in cash automation.
We provide cash automation technologies to customers in over 50 countries and support these devices with world-class service from our headquarters near the Research Triangle in North Carolina.
The Professional Services Consultant works closely with the Local Sales Team, the local PM Team, and all the other local organizations to ensure that the ARCA solutions are releasable and supportable. His/her primary responsibility is to support the ARCA sales teams at all pre-sales stages and also project managing the implementation of software and hardware solutions.
- Provide pre-sales support by working closely with our sales teams to understand and define client key business drivers and requirements
- Propose software solutions which meet those requirements, ensuring they are technically viable and add value to the overall proposal
- Understand and demonstrate solutions products to clients at showroom demonstrations or onsite Proof of Concepts and articulate the business benefits they offer
- Support the Sales team in creating software quotations which include all license, installation and support costs
- Actively research and understand the marketplace to ensure proposals are competitive, add value and create unique selling points
- Support sales teams throughout the contract lifecycle including at client review meetings and identifying opportunities to upsell into existing accounts
- Liaise with clients post sale to develop project documentation including Statement of Work and implementation plans
- Interact with Local and Central Product Manager and provide feedback on product requirements
- Support customers / partners / SW vendors on software integration
- Support demonstration and pilot projects with new and existing customers
- Support introduction of new solutions in North America - pilots
- Train Sales Team, Technical Support Team and Partners on new solutions
- Manage and deliver to partners / customers SW tools, CDF and Firmware Beta version
Education & Experience:
- A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Information System or similar area is preferred.
- At least five years of relevant technical industry experience.
Skills and Knowledge:
- Previous experience in an software consultant or technical architect role
- Previous experience in software solution design
- The ideal candidate will have experience in a Project Management role and hold a recognized qualification
- An advanced understanding of IT/Networking concepts including Microsoft client and server operating systems, Microsoft SQL Server, Active Directory, LDAP, network management (TCP/IP, DHCP, DNS, firewalls), and printer management (printer drivers, printer languages, printer installation) a Microsoft Certification would be advantageous
- Advanced administration skills, in particular using MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Excellent time management, particularly the ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in line with business objectives
- Strong inter-communication skills for interaction with customers, partners and colleagues including the ability to confidently present sales proposals
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team with shared objectives and on own initiatives
- Ability to bring projects to completion within the schedule provided and work around problems
- Flexibility and ability to adapt to change quickly
- Flexibility to travel and visit customers/partners
Preferred Skills & Other:
- Knowledge of ARCA solutions would be a preferred skill
What’s in it for you?
Based at our high-tech Mebane headquarters near North Carolina’s Research Triangle, you'll enjoy being part of a supportive and skilled team that loves to innovate.
You’ll also enjoy benefits that go beyond the norm.
Four weeks of PTO, a generous 401(k) plan with matching benefits and comprehensive health insurance, and 100% dental coverage.
Corporate functions that are actually fun. We bring food trucks to our parking lot, have catered luncheons and participate in area road races.
A collegial work environment. We are friendly and fun. You can come to work wearing jeans if you want, and you might find the CEO doing the same.
Little things. There’s fresh fruit and snacks in our cafeteria, as well as an unlimited supply of gourmet coffee, and subsidized gym memberships.
We have huge ambitions. If you’re happy to roll your sleeves up and work as part of an open-minded and entrepreneurial company, you’ll find yourself tremendously well rewarded.
ARCA is an equal opportunity employer. It is the policy of ARCA to prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type and to afford equal employment opportunities to employees and applicants, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression and veteran status. We are committed to a diverse workforce. We support an environment that is inclusive and respectful. We are strongly committed to this policy and believe in the concept and spirit of the law. We look forward to hearing from you.