Level 2 Senior Technical Support Specialist
Technical Services | Mebane, NC | Full Time
ARCA is an award-winning company that designs, manufactures, and distributes transaction automation systems. We specialize in highly innovative technology and services for cash control in bank branches, retail stores and self-service kiosks. Our success has made us one of the fastest-growing organizations in cash automation.
We provide cash automation technologies to customers in over 50 countries and support these devices with world-class service from our headquarters near the Research Triangle in North Carolina.
The ARCA US Technical Support team is seeking an experienced Level 2 Senior Technical Support Specialist to join our team in Mebane, NC.
Do you have exceptional organizational skills, and meticulous attention to detail? Are you superb on the phone and a problem solver?
If the answer is yes, you could be just the right person to fill our Level 2 Senior Technical Support Specialist role as we continue to turn the cash automation industry upside down.
No ordinary Help Desk role
As a Help Desk Team Member, you’ll work closely with our customers and technicians. You’ll troubleshoot with clients over the phone, document issues and assist our field technical team.
We want to help you leverage your technical skills to help our customers. The successful candidate will be energetic, client centric, self-motivated, and detail oriented. They must have technical aptitude and a desire to learn. The right candidate must be available to work occasional evenings and weekends or respond to after-hours calls based on customer needs. Some travel may be required.
Why you’ll enjoy this role:
This is an opportunity to join a fun, supportive and client obsessed team where you can leverage your technical skills. You’ll interact with our customers every day and feel good knowing that you’re part of a team that always puts the customer first.
The skills we need:
If you don’t like talking on the phone, this probably isn’t the role for you.
If you have ERP experience, we love that also!
- Providing 2nd level hardware, middleware, and software troubleshooting for ARCA’s product line with technicians and customers
- Diagnosing technical issues based on log files
- Installing and configuring hardware and software
- Overseeing remote installations with the field and reporting issues to Project Management
- Ordering spare service parts and dispatching service partners as appropriate
- Monitoring triage report in order to proactively address customer’s needs
- Documenting existing and new customer inquiries via ERP system
- Verifying data and closing service orders upon completion in service systems
- Updating user software and hardware based on contract requirements
- Training new users on device operation
- Advising Technical Training Manager on field training needs
- 3+ years of technical help desk, field technical, or industry experience.
- A confident and outgoing personality. You’ve worked with a headset on before and are comfortable speaking on the phone.
- Great organizational skills.
- Computer skills. Know your way around MS Office (especially Outlook, Word, and Excel).
- The ability to laugh and work as part of a team.
What’s in it for you?
Based at our high-tech Mebane headquarters near North Carolina’s Research Triangle, you'll enjoy being part of a supportive and skilled team that loves to innovate.
You’ll also enjoy benefits that go beyond the norm.
Four weeks of PTO, a generous 401(k) plan with matching benefits and comprehensive health insurance, and 100% dental coverage.
Corporate functions that are actually fun. We bring food trucks to our parking lot, have catered luncheons and participate in area road races.
A collegial work environment. We are friendly and fun. You can come to work wearing jeans if you want, and you might find the CEO doing the same.
Little things. There’s fresh fruit and snacks in our cafeteria, as well as an unlimited supply of gourmet coffee, and subsidized gym memberships.
We have huge ambitions. If you’re happy to roll your sleeves up and work as part of an open-minded and entrepreneurial company, you’ll find yourself tremendously well rewarded.
ARCA is an equal opportunity employer. It is the policy of ARCA to prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type and to afford equal employment opportunities to employees and applicants, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression and veteran status. We are committed to a diverse workforce. We support an environment that is inclusive and respectful. We are strongly committed to this policy and believe in the concept and spirit of the law. We look forward to hearing from you.