Executive Vice President, Manufacturing and Supply Chain
Leadership | Mebane, NC | Full Time
ARCA is an award-winning company that designs, manufactures, and distributes transaction automation systems. We specialize in highly innovative technology and services for cash control in bank branches, retail stores and self-service kiosks. Our success has made us one of the fastest-growing organizations in cash automation.
ARCA is headquartered close to the Raleigh-Durham area with significant engineering and manufacturing operations in Northern Italy and backed by 2 well-known capital sponsors.
Reporting to the CEO, the Executive Vice President, Manufacturing and Supply Chain (EVP, MSC) will be the global operations leader for the company. Reporting to the position will be the heads of US and European manufacturing, supply chain, and engineering encompassing all aspects of supply chain and manufacturing: logistics, repair, engineering, product management, purchasing, spare parts supply, and product quality.
The EVP, MSC will ensure that products are manufactured in a cost-effective manner and in sufficient quantity to meet demand while meeting quality standards and customer requirements. The EVP, MSC will work with sales and program management to understand current and anticipated product volumes, plan production activities and translate this information into forecasts and action plans with the company’s operations group. He/she will lead the global production of technology products with a keen understanding of all related disciplines. Key responsibilities include:
- Provide strategic operational insight and knowledge as a key member of the senior management. Work closely with the CEO to dovetail the operation strategy with the overall company strategy. Must be capable of developing a manufacturing strategy with aggressive, but reasonable, goals and milestones.
- Implement supply chain systems, processes and controls to constantly monitor and ensure the efficiency and effectiveness of operations.
- Establish a world class continuous improvement culture with state of the art techniques (e.g. Lean, Six Sigma). Improve the entire cycle from order to shipment.
- Develop and lead a strong operations team across European and US Manufacturing.
- Identify and implement opportunities to integrate U.S. and European operations.
- Identify and implement opportunities to develop alternative cost effective manufacturing solutions.
- Establish effective relationships with the company’s sales function to integrate operational activities with overall company goals, plans, and objectives. Assess and upgrade supply chain and working capital management to better coordinate the global operation with the sales function and forecasts.
- Develop and implement operational programs and strategies that enhance the organization’s operating effectiveness, lower operating costs, and improve quality and product availability.
- Gather general and customer specific marketplace intelligence regarding business direction, anticipated product needs, and new technologies. Foreign operations are in Europe.
- Communicate with sales, marketing, and product development to anticipate sales needs and ensure readiness to meet demand.
The EVP, MSC will have a track record of holding people accountable and improving the operations of a global business. Ideal candidates will have exhibited success in turning around operations and developing and implementing robust solutions to drive near-term and long-term margin improvements. Candidates should come from an electronics manufacturing environment with deep supply chain process experience. Preference will be given to candidates with significant European manufacturing executive experience, specifically in Italy. It is anticipated that the EVP, MSC will initially spend the majority of their time in the Italian operations and may permanently reside in Northern Italy. The unique combination of a business-to-business sale and retail industry exposure is a real plus. The successful candidate will have exceptional operational leadership capabilities. This individual must have an ability to assess the business in a strategic manner, and lead the planned expansion of the company with a keen sense for cost efficiencies.
This person must be hands-on, pro-active, and have the vision to recognize opportunities and needs in the marketplace, and be able to react quickly to fill those needs. This individual must be a highly intelligent leader with good planning and organizational skills, and have the ability to develop people and instill a commitment to excellence throughout the organization. The capability to motivate employees to a high degree of performance, being a good listener with outstanding people skills, and possessing a high sense of personal values and integrity are essential. Specific requirements include:
- Track record of managing and leading organic growth; ideally has been an operational leader helping grow a global business to over $150 million in revenue with strong EBITDA.
- The combination of strategic thinking skills to lead the planning process, combined with strong execution leadership to drive results and hold people accountable.
- Strong knowledge of supply chain industry systems, trends and best practices with a proven track record of success in managing and implementing solutions in a growth environment. Experience/training in a continuous improvement environment (e.g. Six Sigma, Toyota Production System, etc.). Knows how to benchmark all areas of operations. Experience with MRP and ERP systems is key.
- Strong understanding of cash flow in a leveraged environment. Has ideally worked in a PE backed company.
- Experience managing a complex manufacturing business with multiple sites and a global business. Experience in Europe is required.
- Has experience in the financial services or retail industry as a customer base.
- Experience integrating global operations from a European acquisition is ideal.
- Experience building a maquiladora and/or sourcing product in Asia is ideal.
- A strong team builder and mentor who is comfortable and experienced working in a fast paced environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to successfully communicate with clients and all staff levels.
- Able to identify and analyze complex problems. Thinks critically using logic, reasoning and judgment to decide on an appropriate course of action. Competent to handle challenging goals and accountable for results.
Based at our high-tech Mebane headquarters near North Carolina’s Research Triangle, you'll enjoy being part of a supportive and skilled team that loves to innovate.
You’ll also enjoy benefits that go beyond the norm.
Four weeks of PTO, a generous 401(k) plan with matching benefits and comprehensive health insurance, and 100% dental coverage.
Corporate functions that are actually fun. We bring food trucks to our parking lot, have catered luncheons and participate in area road races.
A collegial work environment. We are friendly and fun. You can come to work wearing jeans if you want, and you might find the CEO doing the same.
Little things. There’s fresh fruit and snacks in our cafeteria, as well as an unlimited supply of gourmet coffee, and subsidized gym memberships.
We have huge ambitions. If you’re happy to roll your sleeves up and work as part of an open-minded and entrepreneurial company, you’ll find yourself tremendously well rewarded.
ARCA is an equal opportunity employer. It is the policy of ARCA to prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type and to afford equal employment opportunities to employees and applicants, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression and veteran status. We are committed to a diverse workforce. We support an environment that is inclusive and respectful. We are strongly committed to this policy and believe in the concept and spirit of the law. We look forward to hearing from you.