Integrated Systems | Mebane, NC | Full Time
ARCA is an award-winning company that designs, manufactures, and distributes transaction automation systems. We specialize in highly innovative technology and services for cash control in bank branches, retail stores and self-service kiosks. Our success has made us one of the fastest-growing organizations in cash automation.
We provide cash automation technologies to customers in over 50 countries and support these devices with world-class service from our headquarters near the Research Triangle in North Carolina.
The Electro-Mechanical Technician role is being created to play an important part in our company’s product development process. The ideal candidate will be responsible for assembling and testing mechanical, electrical and electronic components/circuits in R&D. This role should have the capability to design basic electronic circuitry and electrical power systems, in support of North American market requirements. This role will also support our Production Test Engineer, should any technical issue arise in Production or Depot Repair. This role will interface with our Italy R&D center of excellence.
Review mechanical, electrical and electronic specifications and technical design documents to provide timely and meaningful feedback to engineers
Interpret and critique 2D drawings to inspect parts
- Execute hardware evaluation for OEM devices for product integration opportunities
- Design or revise electrical or electronic circuitry to meet local market needs
- Provide assistance to Engineers to assemble and troubleshoot parts or assemblies, to meet performance specifications
- Analyze assemblies, recommend improvements to the parts or assembly and write inspiring reports
- Operate rapid prototyping equipment safely and efficiently, for producing or modifying metal and plastic parts
- Participate in peer reviews of data and documents with internal R&D associates and teams
- Provide support/backup for Production Test equipment audit and maintenance
- Thoroughly document part and assembly analysis and track open issues
- Communicate with cross functional groups in a way that is intuitive and visual - Professional Services, Technical Support, Quality, Production, Depot Repair
- Stay up-to-date with new technologies and tools that apply to this role
- Education: Associate degree related to Electro-mechanical curriculum is required. (Bachelor of Science for Electro-mechanical engineer is preferred)
- Minimum of 5 years' experience in products with Electro-mechanical parts and subassemblies and theory of operations is required (not necessarily related to financial equipment)
- Strong knowledge of mechatronics or electro-mechanical devices is required
- Must have above average skills to use electronic tools and equipment , such as soldering iron, digital meter, digital oscilloscope, etc
- Must have basic skills for handling tools for mechanical assembly
- Experience with 3D solid modeling software (Solid Edge, Solid Works or Creo) is preferred
- Knowledge of sensors and paper path movement is a plus
- Experience with financial equipment and retail POS systems is a plus
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum development process is preferred
- JIRA proficiency is preferred
- ShareFile experience is preferred
- A member of the National Institute for Certification in Engineering Technologies is a plus
- A member of the International Society of Automation is a plus
- MS Office (word, excel, visio, powerpoint) experience is required (or comparable Google products)
What’s in it for you?
Based at our high-tech Mebane headquarters near North Carolina’s Research Triangle, you'll enjoy being part of a supportive and skilled team that loves to innovate.
You’ll also enjoy benefits that go beyond the norm.
Four weeks of PTO, a generous 401(k) plan with matching benefits and comprehensive health insurance, and 100% dental coverage.
Corporate functions that are actually fun. We bring food trucks to our parking lot, have catered luncheons and participate in area road races.
A collegial work environment. We are friendly and fun. You can come to work wearing jeans if you want, and you might find the CEO doing the same.
Little things. There’s fresh fruit and snacks in our cafeteria, as well as an unlimited supply of gourmet coffee, and subsidized gym memberships.
We have huge ambitions. If you’re happy to roll your sleeves up and work as part of an open-minded and entrepreneurial company, you’ll find yourself tremendously well rewarded.
ARCA is an equal opportunity employer. It is the policy of ARCA to prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type and to afford equal employment opportunities to employees and applicants, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression and veteran status. We are committed to a diverse workforce. We support an environment that is inclusive and respectful. We are strongly committed to this policy and believe in the concept and spirit of the law. We look forward to hearing from you.