Mechanical Robotic Design Engineer (Entry Level)
Mechanical Engineering | Austin, TX | Full Time
Austin, Texas-based Apptronik (apptronik.com) develops world-class robotics technology including agile humanoids and high-performance exoskeletons. A spin-out from the UT Austin Human-Centered Robotics Lab, Apptronik dedicates itself to creating robots of tomorrow, to work alongside humans and improve our quality of life.
Our culture emphasizes collaboration, creativity, and curiosity to help us overcome existing technological barriers in the industry to create truly innovative technologies. We are growing quickly with a vision to build and deliver products to the world with a continuous emphasis on research and development to push the technological edge.
We're looking for highly motivated and talented engineers with hands-on experience and a passion for robotics to join our team. Specifically, we seek an experienced mechanical engineer with proven capabilities for system design and integration.
- 0-2 years of experience in the development of robotic systems or similar (not counting education and internships)
- High proficiency in CAD (Solidworks, Creo, or similar)
- Experience solving complex and multifaceted design problems
- Design of lightweight yet rugged and reliable mechanical systems
- Demonstrated ability for design and manufacture of electro-mechanical assemblies
- Strong understanding of kinematics, structural design, and actuation
- Excellent teamwork and collaboration
- Strong written and verbal communication
- Collaborate with a small multi-functional team of engineers
- Conduct detailed engineering analysis to drive design decisions
- Iterative design, prototyping, and fabrication
- Conduct engineering optimization research to include FEA and other software tools
- Create models, drawings, and specifications for parts and assemblies
- Exceptional attention to detail and engineering discipline
- Creative, analytical, and disciplined
- Capable of multi-tasking and managing multiple deadlines
- Great team player able to communicate effectively and perform within a dynamic start-up environment
Apptronik provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.