Head of Humans
Human Resources | Austin, TX | Full Time
Austin, Texas-based Apptronik (apptronik.com) develops world-class robotics technology including agile humanoids, advanced robotic manipulators, and high-performance exoskeletons. Apptronik dedicates itself to creating robots of tomorrow to work alongside humans and improve our quality of life.
Our culture emphasizes collaboration, creativity, and curiosity to help us overcome existing technological barriers in the industry to create truly innovative technologies. We are growing quickly with a vision to build and deliver products to the world with a continuous emphasis on research and development to push the technological edge.
We are looking for a “Head of Humans” to help rapidly grow our team and take us to the next level. This is a role with significant responsibility, and this is an opportunity to immediately make an impact on the organization and to help write the playbook. HR qualifications and certifications are good to have but not a requirement. Most of all we are looking for somebody who loves tech, loves people, and ready for a role with a significant amount of responsibility and autonomy.
- Manage and oversee our recruiting process to make sure we build our team the right way
- Oversee the HR process within the company
- Partner with internal team to implement strategies for employee engagement and retention
- Participate in coaching, counseling, and development for employees and managers
- Create and update policies, procedures, and guidelines as needed
- Participate in industry events to serve as an ambassador of the company and working to find great talent.
- Work with department leads to understand job requirements for various roles to help write a job description, posts openings, and screen candidates
- Bachelor’s degree
- Excellent oral and verbal communicator
- Experience in various aspects of HR to include compensation, recruitment, benefits, training, etc
- Must be a collaborative team player
- Must be proactive, this role has a lot of autonomy
- Excellent organizational and analytical skills.
Nice To Haves
- HR certifications/ credentialling and formal training
- Experience in a leadership role with direct reports
- Master’s degree
- Competitive base w/ benefits
- Hybrid work schedule (i.e work from home in some capacity)
- Highly motivating equity incentive package
- Flexible work hours policy
- Professional development opportunities
- 401k plan
Apptronik provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.