Support Engineer (Multiple Positions)
Support | Portland, OR
We are looking for a few exceptional people to join the ranks of our support & customer experience team.
- Are you passionate about helping customers and providing a truly unforgettable experience?
- Do you have a technical background and want to learn and interact with new technologies/services that are changing the way businesses use the cloud?
- Do you have a thirst for knowledge and personal/professional growth?
- Would you be excited to educate potential customers about our service and help them get started?
- Are you a proactive self-starter requiring minimal oversight to do your job?
Does this describe you? If so you may be just the person we’re looking for. We're looking for people who can work autonomously to get things done. We value inclusivity, open communication, and effectiveness.
- Provide the best possible frontline experience for our customers and prospects (it’s all about delighting our users)
- Respond to and resolve customer requests and product inquiries via phone, ticket and our live chat systems
- Work with the team to find solutions to complex requests while providing a high level of service for our customers
- Due to the nature of our 24x7 operations you would need to be flexible with your work schedule (some on-call coverage)
- Be a strong team player
- Learn, learn and then learn some more
- General understanding of hosting environments
- General understanding of Linux command line operations
- Basic understanding web programming (show us something you've built)
- Ability to multitask in a sometimes high-volume environment
- Familiarity with IaaS & PaaS environments (AppFog, Heroku, AWS, OpenStack, Cloud Foundry, etc) is a BIG plus
- Ability to rapidly learn and retain new skills (we cannot say this enough)
- A passion for technology and for providing the best possible experience to customers and potential customers
Education? Many great Support Engineers (and developers for that matter) didn’t go to college, didn’t finish college, or went to a community college - we don’t care as long as you are smart and especially if you are pragmatic. If you have first hand experience, even better!
We are not technology bigots: we use Ruby, PHP, Python, Node, Bash and many, many other technologies internally at AppFog, familiarity with these technologies is another big plus
If you love the world of web application creation and the people that make it happen, AppFog could be the right place for you. Send us more than just a resume...we want to know about problems you’ve solved, others you’ve yet to solve and how you're going about changing that. Show us what you've built or are working on building. Tell us what you're passionate about.
AppFog is a cloud-based platform-as-a-service that allows developers to get servers setup and ready to use their favorite web application stack in under a minute. Our customers then deploy to our reliable, fast, and scalable platform with just a single command. We have spent a lot of energy iterating on feedback from our users to build a really great product that appeals to a large and growing user-base (tens of thousands of people have signed up and we’re growing fast).
On top of that, we have put together an exceptionally talented team. We are O’Reilly authors, open-source contributors and we enthusiastically ship code. We’re growing fast and looking for smart problem solvers in a variety of disciplines.
We’re located in Portland, Oregon.