Mechanical Assembly Technician
Manufacturing | Grass Valley, CA | Full Time
Who We Are:
Headquartered in Grass Valley, CA, Apex Rail Automation (Apex) delivers high-quality rail yard & track solutions. Our products include main line switches, yard switches, rods and layouts, wayside electronics, dark territory switch control, and Modular Yard Automation (MYA) systems. We supply products and systems primarily to freight railroads, particularly Class 1 railroads (CSX, BNSF, UP, etc.).
Reporting to the Operations Manager, the Mechanical Assembly Technician with Apex will be responsible for assembly of the mainline switch machine integrated circuit controller. The successful candidate will be detail oriented and process driven. They will have at least two years of mechanical assembly or related experience in a manufacturing environment, have proficiency in sub-assembly and final assembly and demonstrate experience with work orders. The right candidate will enjoy working in a production environment, while bringing enthusiasm to support implementing standard processes and best practices to help Apex scale for growth.
- Accurately build sub-assemblies and final assemblies for the integrated circuit controller department
- Final testing of completed assemblies to ensure they meet required specifications
- Document build process per company’s quality program
- Ensure production deadlines are met with clear communication and issue escalation as needed
- Maintain work areas and equipment in a clean and orderly condition
- Coordinate with Quality Control Associate and Engineering departments to troubleshoot mechanical & process related issues
- Follow written and verbal instructions
- Adhere to set safety regulations
- Support technical onboarding of additional assembly technicians
- 2+ years assembly experience, preferably in a production environment
- Solid foundation in reading and understanding blueprints, drawings & diagrams related to assembly process
- Knowledge and use of tools & equipment to include but not limited to wrenches, screwdrivers, pliers, hammers, cutters, drills, taps & dies, drivers(manual/power), torque tools, files, drill presses, arbor presses, grinders/polishers, spring gages, feeler gages, tape measure, calipers(digital), soldering irons
- Knowledge of peening, riveting/pressing and soldering processes
- Understanding of work order travelers/routers
- Familiarity with quality standards such as ISO-9000
This job requires a detail-oriented, self-disciplined, individual who is motivated and can work effectively in a production environment.
- Must be at least 18 years old
- Drug-free (and able to pass a drug screening)
- Clean driving record / valid CDL
- Must be able to lift up to 50lbs
- Must be able to communicate effectively
- Willingness to learn
- High school degree
- Competitive base salary based on experience
- Full healthcare benefits including medical, dental and vision
- Insurance benefits including life insurance, etc.
- 401k plan