Manufacturing | Grass Valley, CA | Full Time
Railroad Switch Manufacturing Company:
Headquartered in Grass Valley, CA, Apex Rail Automation (Apex) manufacturers products for the railroads including main line switches, yard switches, rods and layouts, wayside electronics, dark territory switch control, and solutions such as the Modular Yard Automation (MYA) system. The company supplies products and systems primarily to freight railroads, particularly Class 1 railroads (CSX, BNSF, UP, etc.).
Seeking full-time personnel for Mechanical assembly position, with possibility for advancement. This is a full-time position reporting directly to the Vice President of Operations.
- Assemble equipment.
- Read and complete assembly instructions and work tickets.
- Must be competent working with hand and power tools, jib cranes, forklifts, etc.
- Follow health and safety regulations
- Previous mechanical experience preferred.
This job requires an employee who is motivated, efficient, and able to learn and perform multiple job functions. These functions may require repetitive or detailed activities in a production environment.
Must be at least 18 years old
- Entry-level; no previous mechanical experience required (but helpful)
- Drug-free (and able to pass a drug screening)
- Clean driving record / valid CDL
- Must be able to lift up to 50lbs
- Must be able to communicate effectively
- Willingness to learn
- High school degree
- Competitive base salary based on experience
- Full healthcare benefits including medical, dental and vision
- Insurance benefits including life insurance, etc.
- 401k plan