Vice President, Engineering
Software Development | Remote across United States | Full Time
Aparavi is headquartered in Santa Monica, California with team members spread across the globe. We are expanding and looking for people who want to build the best product in the business, experiment, pay attention to detail, do the right think no matter who is looking, and have a positive impact on the world by providing TRUE data intelligence and automation technology. Aparavi runs on humility and confidence. We believe we must always keep learning so that we can find solutions to make our customers' lives easier. If you don't know an answer to a problem, just ask! We have confidence in all our team members that the answer lies in collaboration. We make smart decisions about how we spend money to make money. After all, this is your money...you are an owner of the company with equity that begins vesting day one!
Aparavi® transforms data chaos into intelligent information availability that fuels innovation and accelerates knowledge. We put you in control of your data with knowledge and break down silos. With Aparavi, you can now manage and have insight into the state, placement, and availability of our data to address information continuity, cost, and compliance without compromise. Aparavi provides advanced data intelligence and automation software and services. Aparavi empowers organizations to control and exploit their data. Simplicity, lowering costs and risk while gaining insight are paramount in today’s data centric world. Aparavi’s technology enables data–driven companies to easily discover, classify, protect, and optimize their data at the edge, on-premise, and across hybrid and multi-cloud storage. Aparavi offers answers to demanding use cases across all industries. Data governance, compliance, data consolidation and scale, analytics, and machine learning are just a few.
ABOUT THE JOB:
We have reached a point of hypergrowth mode, where our product roadmap is packed full of innovation waiting to see the light of day from our engineering prowess. Our engineer team boasts more than 10 team members. We need to seed the team with more structure while living Aparavi's values of confidence and humility. Everyone at Aparavi defines their own goals and figures out how to execute on them. For our engineers, this means structured agile development leadership with no-nonsense communication. Report to Aparavi’s Founder & CEO and lead our platform software development team.
WHAT YOU GET TO DO:
- Lead an agile development process, with a pragmatic approach, through a rock star team of Architects and Developers.
- Take the next step in your career as a Senior Leader in a hypergrowth technology disruptor building a web based platform, SaaS solution & web technologies.
- Be inspired everyday as you talk C++ and Node/Java with some of the brightest engineering minds in these languages.
- Make a dramatic impact to Aparavi’s success with your knowledge of what it takes to build a data intelligence and automation web-based platform and your discerning understanding of how Aparavi’s solution speaks to who we are with the strategic difference of a platform vs product strategy.
WHAT YOU GET:
- Freedom, tools, trust, and support to do the best work of your career
- Accountability to drive innovation within an industry that hasn’t changed in 30 years
- Equity - at Aparavi we are all owners in the company
- Work remotely anywhere across United States
- Travel on company business to Santa Monica, Ca
- Competitive Total Rewards (salary, bonus, equity incentive plan)
- 401K program & Paid Time Off
- Generous Company Paid Premium Contribution (Medical, Dental, Vision insurance)
- Continuing Education
- Membership to dog-friendly Cross Campus co-office locations across Los Angeles
WHAT YOU BRING:
- You are an engineering leader, with domain experience in data management or intelligence, ready to make your next career move.
- Love for the strategic advantage of a web-based platform SaaS solution. as well as, how to build and lead a team of engineers to build it!
- Passion and creativity informed by previous experience in building an enterprise class product with a consumer style UI.
- Proven ability to thrive in chaos and find beauty in building a process and a team to fuel Aparavi's hypergrowth.
- Your belief that 1+1=3. Collaboration is your primary language (along with C++ and Node.js)