Development and Engineering | Corporate - Santa Monica, CA. | Full Time
Aparavi, the world's leading SaaS-based Active Archive, helps organizations master out of control unstructured data growth. Delivering both on-premises and multi-cloud mobility, Aparavi provides true storage independence, and together with an open-data format removes vendor lock-in, forever. Aparavi slows secondary storage growth by 75percent with guaranteed availability regardless of how long data is retained and pays for itself in reducing secondary storage spend. A pay-as-you-go model based on usage eliminates up-front expenditures for a better total cost of ownership. For more information visit http://www.aparavi.com.
Our company culture supports the philosophy that everyone's contribution is critical. We believe that at the core of any successful endeavor is simplicity and direct communication.
Our CTO, and current architect of the product, is expanding the team in Santa Monica. Our business growth and roadmap are accelerating everyday! We need additional architectural skill set to support Aparavi’s growth. We are in search of a Software Architect with a startup mentality and a desire to dedicate themselves to creating and maintaining the absolute best infrastructure using the most leading-edge tools and practices.
- Are you an experienced Software Architect skilled in making intuitive high-level decisions for software development coupled with deep experience in data retention & archive industry?
- Do you see the “big picture” and are able to create architectural approaches for software design and implementation to guide the development team?
- Do you have a passion and proven success in designing and developing a unified vision for software characteristics and functions?
If so, you could join team Aparavi and be responsible to provide a framework for the development of the Aparavi software and be the proud owner of our high quality and best in class technical solution.
WHAT WE NEED:
- +15 years of experience along with deep expertise in Data Retention & Archive industry with proven architectural skills and interests
- Full understanding of the backup API and how to capture all aspects of a file on a source file system
- High level of proficiency in VSS technologies and the understanding of snapshot technology implemented to support the backup API
- Comprehensive knowledge of file systems and underlying file system architectures
- Expert knowledge of software and application design and architecture
- Deep experience with Node.js, Mysql database & AWS services
- Familiarity with HTML/CSS and UI/UX design(using React.js)
- Understanding of software quality assurance principles
- A technical mindset with great attention to detail
- High quality organizational and leadership skills
- Outstanding communication and presentation abilities
- MSC/MA in computer science, engineering or relevant field
WHAT YOU GET TO DO:
- Independently craft and protoype initial designs & implement new technologies ensuring quality, security, modifiability, extensibility of all designs
- Collaborate with CTO, engineer team and product management to determine functional and non-functional requirements for new software and applications, design of all aspects of development from appropriate technology and workflow to coding standards
- Develop high-level product specifications with attention to system integration and feasibility
- Collaborate with CTO to successfully communicate all concepts and guidelines to the development team as well as all stakeholders (incl. executives)
- In partnership with Engineer Manager and the development team, ensure consistency with initial designs and prototypes
- Provide technical guidance and coaching to engineers
WHAT YOU GET:
- Trust from your peers, CEO and leadership team
- Be one of the 1st twenty employees of the team &take control and ownership of projects
- Opportunity to drive innovation within an industry that hasn’t changed in 30 years
- Positioned in the heart of silicon beach, share office space with some of the best and brightest startups the beach has to offer
- Continuing Education
- Flexible Telecommute Environment (Thurs &Friday) & Paid Time Off
- Generous Company Paid Premium Contribution (Medical, Dental, Vision insurance)
- 401k program & Equity Incentive Plan
- Membership to Cross Campus co-office locations across Los Angeles(dog friendly office)
APPLY TODAY & CONNECT WITH US ~Tania Williams, Aparavi Human Resources