Senior Software Engineer
Development and Engineering | Corporate - Santa Monica, CA. | Full Time
Traditional backup was not designed for today’s challenges of massive unstructured data growth, modern multi-cloud environments, and need for no up-front investments. Aparavi Active Archive helps organizations master out of control unstructured data growth with protection, retention, and archive. Delivering both on-premises and multi-cloud mobility, Aparavi delivers true storage independence, and together with an open-data format removes vendor lock-in forever. Aparavi slows secondary storage growth by 75% with guaranteed availability regardless of how long data is retained, and pays for itself in reducing secondary storage spend. A pay-as-you-go model based on usage eliminates up-front expenditures for a better return-on-investment.
We are expanding our team in Santa Monica and looking for someone with a startup mentality and a desire to dedicate themselves to creating and maintaining the absolute best infrastructure using the most leading-edge tools and practices.
Our company culture supports the philosophy that everyone’s contribution is critical. We believe that at the core of any successful team and business is simplicity and direct communication.
WHAT WE NEED:
10 years of archive industry experience in software engineering (Backend, Machine Learning, and/or Full Stack professional experience
Full understanding of the backup API and how to capture all aspects of a file on a source file system
High level of proficiency in VSS technologies and the understanding of snapshot technology implemented to support the backup API
Comprehensive knowledge of file systems and underlying file system architectures
Experience implementing continuous development, integration and build and release processes with automation tool, Infrastructure management tools & large-scale web or mobile applications
Knowledge of software quality assurance principles
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Work closely with the entire engineering team to design and develop Aparavi’s product by seeing the “big picture” in order to create architectural approaches for its design and implementation.
- Provide framework for the development of the Aparavi Software in order to produce best in class technical solution.
- Independently craft and protype initial designs and implement new technologies ensuring quality, security, modifiability, extensibility of all designs
- Collaborate with CTO, Engineer team & Product Management to determine functional and non-functional requirements for new software or applications
- Collaborate with CTO & entire engineering team in the design of all aspects of development from appropriate technology and workflow to coding standards
- Communicate successfully all concepts and guidelines to the development team as well as all stakeholders (incl. executives)
- Ensure consistency with initial designs and prototypes
- Provide technical guidance and coaching to peers
- Regularly make specific determinations about system performance and respond with sense of urgency to review and fix bug reports.
- Review and repair legacy code.
- Proactively work with Quality Assurance to determine system problems.
WHAT YOU GET:
Trust from your peers, CEO and leadership team
Be one of the 1st twelve employees of the team & take control and ownership of projects
Opportunity to drive innovation within an industry that hasn’t changed in 30 years
Positioned in the heart of silicon beach, share office space with some of the best and brightest startups the beach has to offer
Flexible Telecommute Environment (Thurs & Friday)
Generous Company Paid Premium Contribution (Medical, Dental, Vision insurance)
Equity Incentive Plan
Paid Time Off
Membership to Cross Campus co-office locations across Los Angeles (dog friendly offices)
LET'S CONNECT: Apply today and connect on LinkedIn
~Tania Williams, Aparavi Human Resources