Senior Node.js Developer
Software Development | Santa Monica or Remote | Full Time
Aparavi® is headquartered in Santa Monica, California with team members spread across the globe. We are expanding and looking for people who want to build the best product in the business, experiment, pay attention to detail, do the right think no matter who is looking, and have a positive impact on the world by providing TRUE data intelligence and automation technology. Aparavi runs on humility and confidence. We believe we must always keep learning so that we can find solutions to make our customers' lives easier. If you don't know an answer to a problem, just ask! We have confidence in all our team members that the answer lies in collaboration. We make smart decisions about how we spend money to make money. After all, this is your money...you are an owner of the company with equity that begins vesting day one!
Aparavi® transforms data chaos into intelligent information availability that fuels innovation and accelerates knowledge. We put you in control of your data with knowledge and break down silos. With Aparavi, you can now manage and have insight into the state, placement, and availability of our data to address information continuity, cost, and compliance without compromise. Aparavi provides advanced data intelligence and automation software and services. Aparavi empowers organizations to control and exploit their data. Simplicity, lowering costs and risk while gaining insight are paramount in today’s data centric world. Aparavi’s technology enables data–driven companies to easily discover, classify, protect, and optimize their data at the edge, on-premise, and across hybrid and multi-cloud storage. Aparavi offers answers to demanding use cases across all industries. Data governance, compliance, data consolidation and scale, analytics, and machine learning are just a few.
WHAT WE NEED:
- 7+ years of relevant object-oriented application building experience in a professional environment
- Excellent design, coding and testing skills with Node.js
- Thorough understanding of relational databases such as MySQL or similar technologies
- Agile/Scrum development cycle understanding
- Proficiency in Open Source environment
- Knowledge working closely with git
- Excellent communication skills and being able to work independently or in a full team
- Work with product team to identify core features and plan development
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Work closely with the entire engineering team to develop Aparavi’s product by seeing the “big picture” in order to create develop approaches for its design and implementation.
- Collaborate with CTO & entire engineering team in the design of all aspects of development from appropriate technology and workflow to coding standards
- Ensure consistency with initial designs and prototypes
- Provide technical guidance and coaching to peers
- Regularly make specific determinations about system performance and respond with sense of urgency to review and fix bug reports.
- Review and repair legacy code.
- Proactively work with Quality Assurance to determine system problems.
WHAT YOU GET:
- Trust from your peers, CEO and leadership team
- Be one of the 1st fifty employees of the team & take control and ownership of projects
- Opportunity to drive innovation within an industry that hasn’t changed in 30 years
- Positioned in the heart of silicon beach, share office space with some of the best and brightest startups the beach has to offer
- Generous Company Paid Premium Contribution (Medical, Dental, Vision insurance)
- 401k program
- Equity Incentive Plan
- Paid Time Off
- Membership to Cross Campus co-office locations across Los Angeles (dog friendly offices) or opportunity to work remote if you are outside of Los Angeles