Business Development | Corporate - Santa Monica, CA. | Full Time
Founded by a break-out team of engineers and leadership from some of the biggest names in tech; tired of being part of the problem with data management software. Aparavi Software was formed so they could create a new solution, built for hybrid and multi-cloud architectures, designed to be prepared for whatever the future holds. Check out our videos, industry recognition and technology at www.aparavi.com
Our company culture supports the philosophy that everyone’s contribution is critical. We believe at the core of any successful endeavor is simplicity and direct communication. We are expanding our team in Santa Monica and looking for driven team players who want to start and/or grow their business development career and change the world of data management with Aparavi!
We’re looking for someone:
- Who understands how to work in a fast-paced startup where things can change any minute
- To evangelize the Aparavi solution from the water cooler to the stage at SXSW
- Who listens to customers and clearly communicates how Aparavi can or cannot solve their problem
- Who is a self-proclaimed technologist
- Is this you...?
ABOUT THE JOB:
The Sales Engineer is an evangelist for all things Aparavi (sales engineer, customer support and liaison between the sales and product management). This role requires the technical skills to provide outstanding support to our customers while leveraging their knowledge, within the storage and software industries, to assist the sales teams in creating opportunities and closing deals. The Sales Engineer is responsible for assisting the VP of Business Development to grow the customer base; engaging before and after the sale to install, train, and nurture our clients. This position will work closely with sales and product management as well as external customers.
The role of the sales engineer, is the primary point of contact for all customer product questions and concerns. The sales engineer plays a critical role to help the product team understand the customer desires and intent so that they can build an even better product. In addition, this role needs to touch and understand the market, and communicate key learnings and trends to product management and sales/marketing teams. This role reports directly to the Vice President of Business development
WHAT YOU GET TO DO:
- Partner with the product management to educate both internal and external teams on our product features and benefits because you, better than anyone, knows the ins and outs of the system and can communicate it to anyone that has a question.
- Function as the “Go-To” technical contact for the sales team and continuously enable them to sell the product with your technical expertise.
- Assist our VP, Business Development on client meetings to provide deeper dives into the product
- Plan and conduct market research to help the Business Development team identify opportunities for increased sales.
- Provide product training to clients, draft and provide relevant white papers, and take the lead in distributing promotional material to clients on product upgrades and enhancements.
- Exceed assigned targets for profitable sales growth.
- Proactively scope the technical solutions required to address customer requirements, assess customer needs, and recommend solutions that drive sales
- Work closely with our VP’s of Business Development and Product Management to help align the product with current and future market needs.
WHAT YOU GET:
- Trust from your peers, CEO and leadership team
- Be one of the 1st twenty employees of the team & take control and ownership of projects
- Opportunity to drive innovation within an industry that hasn’t changed in 30 years
- Positioned in the heart of silicon beach, sharing office space with some of the best and brightest startups the beach has to offer
- Continuing Education
- Flexible Environment & Paid Time Off
- Generous Company Paid Premium Contribution (Medical, Dental, Vision insurance)
- 401k program & Equity Incentive Plan
- Membership to Cross Campus co-office locations across Los Angeles
WHAT YOU HAVE:
- Hands on experience with the full life cycle of technical support which includes technical installs, resolution, and creating a customer on-boarding experience for all new customers.
- Must have a startup mentality: The ability to wear multiple hats, sales, support, product management.
- Strong attention to detail and precision at every step and a passionate point of view who shares it.
- Passionate learner with the ability to think about a procedure/product in the way a person without technical experience would think about it.
- Aptitude for adaptation and ability to understand what engages an audience regardless of industry.
- Leadership, organizational planning and project management skills.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Outstanding written, verbal communication and presentation skills.
- Teamwork and collaboration within both technical and nontechnical audiences.
- A deep understanding of clients and what motivates them.
- 3+ years hands on technical support/sales engineer experience in a software technology company
- Must be knowledgeable in data storage and software
- Must be fluent in Windows and Linux operating systems
- MBA is a PLUS and experience in or interest in Product Management highly preferred!
- Experience in a previous customer facing support role within backup or archiving industry
- Examples of POC's, strategic planning documents or presentations that show the ability to collaborate and communicate value proposition to executives, sales, customer support and key operational groups.
- Strategic, critical and creative thinker, strong business acumen.
- Ability to lead, create and work within cross-functional team environments
- Proven accomplishments in leadership and establishing long term growth initiatives.
APPLY TODAY & CONNECT WITH US
~Tania Williams, Aparavi Human Resources