Quality Assurance Engineer
Quality Assurance | Corporate - Santa Monica, CA. | Full Time
Today’s data retention and compliance ideologies and solutions are antiquated and broken. With increasing data complexities and compliance regulations, the need for expandable, open storage formats that allow for extensive integration and changing data and types is a must. APARAVI is the natural next step of the rapidly expanding data management, retention and compliance space.
We are expanding our team in Santa Monica and looking for driven team players who want to directly contribute to our culture and success. At APARAVI we let the product reflect who we are, we believe that at the core of any successful endeavor is simplicity and direct communication.
Our company culture doesn’t support the notion of hierarchy…everyone’s contribution is critical & held accountable to contribute. We’re looking for someone with a hands-on startup mentality and a desire to dedicate themselves to creating and maintaining the absolute best infrastructure using the most bleeding edge tools and practices. Is this you...?
WHAT YOU’LL DO
Solve creative challenges, with the resources of experienced leadership and a world-class Engineering team, bring your ideas to APARAVI’s customers. The QA Engineer is responsible for ensuring the quality of Aparavi’s product and proving it works.
- Leverage your technical background to conceive, design, and execute new tests for each product release
- Design and implement automation tools, systems & scripts to improve speed and coverage of test suites
- Work with engineers, product management and customers to analyze incoming issues and provide guidance to resolve the matter
- Be the gatekeeper of our product to decide whether or not we can release
- Acquire deep understanding of how each feature is supposed to work, how it interfaces with all features, and anticipate where and under what set of conditions the application is likely to break
WE VALUE A QUALITY ASSURANCE ENGINEER WHO HAS:
- Enthusiastic, inspirational leadership with excellent influencing, communication and presentation skills
- Believes in having processes, accepts shifting priorities, and knows how to negotiate
- Sense of humor and positive attitude
- 3+ years’ experience working on web or mobile applications, in QA or direct development
- Solid understanding of software development methodologies, including Agile (Scrum specifically)
- Familiarity with the Selenium suite of tools (Remote Control and WebDriver) for automated web application software testing
- Thorough knowledge of standard testing activities – to include smoke, regression, functional, integration, system, UAT, performance, white-box, black-box, and back-end database SQL testing.
- Working knowledge in functional test design, SQL, writing automated tests using Node.js
WHAT YOU GET:
- Trust from your peers, CEO and leadership team
- Be one of the 1st twelve employees of the team & take control and ownership of projects
- Opportunity to drive innovation within an industry that hasn’t changed in 30 years
- Positioned in the heart of silicon beach, share office space with some of the best and brightest startups the beach has to offer
- Flexible Telecommute Environment
- Generous Company Paid Premium Contribution (Medical, Dental, Vision insurance)
- 401k program
- Equity Incentive Plan
- Paid Time Off
- Membership to Cross Campus co-office locations across Los Angeles (dog friendly offices)
LET'S TALK: Apply today & connect with us through LinkedIn!
~Tania Williams VP, Human Resources at APARAVI