Manager of Software QA Engineering
R&D | Santa Monica or Remote | Full Time
ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY
Aparavi's Quality Team is looking for an passionate, innovative, and skilled Manager to lead our Quality Engineering efforts. In this role, you will provide technical leadership to our team of automation developers, manual testers and performance engineers. We are a startup. Your hands-on contribution to the design, build, and implementation of test solutions is expected. Your development background and proficiency in Python are critical. Other responsibilities include release test planning, quality metrics, reporting and visibility, and collaborating closely with developers, product managers and leadership to ensure the Aparavi platform is always improving quality, performance, and availability.
This work can be done from ANYWHERE. We have offices in Santa Monica and in the Bay Area but you are welcome to telecommute for this role.
WHAT YOU GET TO DO
- Lead a small but talented quality engineering team spanning manual, automation and performance testing.
- Recruit, grow and mentor the team as we expand over the next year and beyond.
- Lead design and perform hands-on implementation of our test automation framework to hit aggressive automation targets.
- Drive QA strategy to achieve goals in product resilience and availability, test, performance and security automation, and thorough validation of new features.
- Be responsible for managing tactical QA project work like test planning, test cycles, metrics and test execution.
- Collaborate across the company with developers, product management, Ops/DevOps and senior leadership to provide key quality domain insight for achieving the product strategy and vision.
WHAT YOU BRING
- 6+ years of experience in Quality Assurance including test automation, planning and performance.
- Excellent design, coding and testing skills with Python -- this is a developer/coding position!
- Working knowledge of Linux, Windows and OSX and developer proficiency with databases (SQL and/or NoSQL)
- Track record of creating and managing test plans, test readiness reviews and tracking of quality trends, bug density and post-release quality.
- Demonstrated technical leadership skills and experience working in team-oriented roles that rely on your ability to collaborate with others.
- Effective communicator across all organization levels and a proven record of building strong relationships.
- Self-directed, proactive, and comfortable working in ambiguous environments.
WHAT YOU GET
- Flexibility to work from anywhere.
- Freedom, tools, trust, and support to do the best work of your career.
- Be one of the 1st fifty employees of the team & take control and ownership of projects.
- Accountability to drive innovation within an industry that hasn't changed in 30 years.
- Equity - at Aparavi we are all owners in the company.
- Travel on company business to Santa Monica, CA.
- Competitive Total Rewards (salary, bonus, equity incentive plan).
- Generous Company Paid Premium Contribution (Medical, Dental, Vision insurance).
- 401K program & Paid Time Off.
- Continuing Education.
- Membership to dog-friendly Cross Campus co-office locations across Southern California.
ABOUT THE COMPANY
Aparavi® is headquartered in Santa Monica, California with team members across the globe. We are expanding and looking for people who want to go to market with an industry disrupting solution, never stop learning, pay attention to detail, do the right thing no matter who is looking, while having a revolutionary impact on the world by providing TRUE data intelligence and automation technology. This is a RARE opportunity to contribute to creating a category within data management with our new web application and its modern architecture!
Our company culture supports the philosophy that everyone's contribution is critical. We believe that at the core of any successful team and business is simplicity and direct communication. While ours is a highly entrepreneurial environment, you can feel secure knowing that we are funded by a stable and growing organization and enjoy the expertise of leaders with deep experience in the markets we serve.