Associate Software Engineer
Development and Engineering | Corporate - Santa Monica, CA. | Full Time
Aparavi, the world’sleading SaaS-based Active Archive, helps organizations master out of control unstructured data growth. Delivering both on-premises and multi-cloud mobility, Aparavi provides true storage independence, and together with an open-data format removes vendor lock-in, forever. Aparavi slows secondary storage growth by 75% with guaranteed availability regardless of how long data is retained and pays for itself in reducing secondary storage spend. A pay-as-you-go model based on usage eliminates up-front expenditures for a better total cost of ownership. For more information visit http://www.aparavi.com.
Our company culture supports the philosophy that everyone’s contribution is critical. We believe that at the core of any successful endeavor is simplicity and direct communication. We are expanding our team in Santa Monica and looking for driven team players who want to directly contribute to our culture and success.
We’re looking for someone with a hands-on startup mentality and a desire to dedicate themselves to creating and maintaining the absolute best infrastructure using the most bleeding edge toolsand practices. Is this you...?
ABOUT THE JOB:
The Associate Engineer utilizes research, development, testing skills and business acumen to create solutions to drive business success. This includes analyzing product requirement, design technical architecture and implement code and supporting technology systems to create a highly complex yet innovative and simple-to-use data retention and storage software product. Our Engineers work across the entire Engineering team in order to determine the product requirements and build products that align with the team’s collective decisions. This is highly collaborative role that partners with the QA team to understand customer needs and provide engineering solutions that support Aparavi’s focus on developing an innovative, high complex product that is simple-to-use.
The key deliverable is not only to develop but to identify and solve technical challenges before they become business problems. The position reports directly to the Manager, Engineering.
WHAT YOU HAVE:
- 1-2 years software development experience within the Data Retention & Archive industry
- Experience with MySQL database & AWS services
- Initial understanding of the backup API and how to capture all aspects of a file on source file system
- Beginner level of proficiency in VSS technologies and the understanding of snapshot technology implemented to support the backup API
- Knowledge of file systems and underlying file system architectures
- Fundamental understanding of web best practices such as A/B testing, test coverage, complex web services based framework architectures and agile methodologies, i.e.Scrum
- Experience with application performance management, monitoring and tuning.
- Experience implementing continuous development, integration and build and release processes with automation tool, Infrastructure management tools& large scale web or mobile applications
- Understanding of software quality assurance principles
- Technical mindset with great attention to detail along with strong organizational and leadership skills
- Bachelor's degree in Information Systems, Computer Science, Business or a related field with coursework in Information Technology/Systems.
WHAT YOU GET TO DO:
- Work from home 2 days a week!
- Begin to develop (write, edit, code, fix) new programs/projects and proof the program to develop needed changes and assure production of a quality processes, along with recommendations to yield necessary records and desired output for a more cost effective product.
- Conduct testing on new programs to ensure logic and syntax are correct, and program results are accurate
- Accurately execute programming assignments from Manager, Engineering
- Review and repair code and analyze, design, and coordinate the development of our software.
- Build your skill to analyze system specifications and translate system requirements to task specifications.
- Learn to analyze the current programs to include performance, diagnosis and troubleshooting of problem programs, and design solutions to fix problematic programming.
- Work closely with upper management to understand how to design and develop programming systems making specific determinations about system performance and respond promptly and professionally to review and fix bug reports.
- Document code consistently throughout the SDLC by listing a description of the program, special instructions, and any changes made in database tables on procedural, modular and database level.
- Provide assistance to QA as needed to determine system problems.
WHAT YOU GET:
- Trust from your peers, CEO and leadership team
- Be one of the 1st twenty employees of the team &take control and ownership of projects
- Opportunity to drive innovation within an industry that hasn’t changed in 30 years
- Positioned in the heart of silicon beach, share office space with some of the best and brightest startups the beach has to offer
- Continuing Education
- Flexible Telecommute Environment on Thursdays & Fridays & Paid Time Off
- Generous Company Paid Premium Contribution (Medical, Dental, Vision insurance)
- 401k program & Equity Incentive Plan
- Membership to Cross Campus co-office locations across Los Angeles(dog friendly office)
APPLY TODAY & CONNECT WITH US
~Tania Williams, Aparavi Human Resources