Business Development Manager - Healthcare and Private Equity
Business Development | Clayton, MO | Full Time
Who is Anvil Analytics & Insights?
Rated one of the fastest-growing companies in St. Louis for two years in a row, Anvil is a digital marketing and analytics agency that specializes in the healthcare and private equity space. Anvil offers a competitive base salary plus commission, as well as an employer-paid benefits package and a 401(k). We also offer a generous PTO allowance plus half-day Fridays year-round (we close at 1 pm).
Anvil is actively recruiting two Business Development Managers - one to focus on our healthcare business and the other on our private equity. The Business Development Manager is responsible for utilizing appropriate marketing and sales methodologies to identify and close profitable new accounts in digital marketing and analytics within the assigned industry. In this role, you will identify potential clients for our key service areas and work closely with them and the Anvil department leads to create a scope of work to help prospects achieve their marketing and analytics goals. The Business Development Manager will collaborate with department leads to ensure proposals are thorough, accurate, and consistent. We’re looking for an individual that is motivated to help clients achieve their growth goals. The ideal candidate has deep experience in the digital marketing space and an established network they can leverage.
We are seeking a true “hunter” with an outstanding success rate generating sales to call on larger client accounts. This experienced, high-quality new business development leader is expected to identify opportunities at target prospects and pursue those opportunities through all stages of the sales process including negotiation and closing. Reporting to the CEO, this position offers a tremendous opportunity within very large marketplaces and carries the responsibility to build new business and meet objectives with the following accountabilities.
Job responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
· LEARN THE BUSINESS: Have complete knowledge of Anvil’s services and be able to comfortably conduct executive-level conversations with senior contacts at prospective and current clients. Keep up to date on trending topics, literature and developments in the marketing and analytics field.
· PROSPECTING FOR NEW BUSINESS: Self-generate leads and opportunities from a strategic list of target accounts. Build and maintain a healthy pipeline of sales opportunities. Secure discovery meetings (initial sales calls) with target prospects.
· RELATIONSHIP BUILDING: Conduct an effective sales call/initial meeting (effectively probe, uncover issues, articulate value, flesh out objections, define next steps, etc.). Follow up with clients to keep them engaged in a lengthy sales cycle. Stay close and find ways to continually add value throughout the sales process, sharing information and best practices to position Anvil as the trusted advisor and partner to do business with.
· TEAM COLLABORATION: Customize proposals, work deals to conclusion, and provide some post-sale support. Demonstrate teamwork and problem-solving.
· ORGANIZATION AND FOLLOW-THROUGH: Be proficient in using a cloud-based CRM and willing to regularly update activity and deal status. Set schedules and manage time effectively and efficiently. Utilize strong computer skills with the ability to quickly become proficient with software.
Must have experience, contacts, and understanding of sales and service in the digital marketing and/or healthcare/private equity industry. 5+ years of successful sales experience is required.
The successful applicant believes that proactive telephone and email prospecting are still effective ways to identify opportunities and secure meetings with prospects.
A Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or related field is preferred.
Must be driven self-starter, a positive thinker, loyal and trustworthy.
Attributes including flexibility, creativity, self-discipline, strong organizational skills and action-orientation are essential for this role, as the position offers a significant amount of responsibility with accountability for results.
Command presence with strong verbal and written communication skills.
Team player who is willing and able to “roll-up the shirt sleeves” to get a project done when needed.
High degree of autonomy with the capability of working remotely if necessary.
Ability to travel as necessary.
Potential to grow in responsibility as Anvil grows.
Please include a cover letter that explains your interest in EITHER healthcare or private equity and why you believe you would excel in this role.