Sales Engineer - Solutions Architect - SaaS
Sales | Los Angeles, CA | Full Time
Annex Cloud is a fully integrated SaaS-based Customer Loyalty, Referral Marketing, and User Generated Content platform. We offer clients a best-of-breed suite of solutions to help tackle even their most complex acquisition, conversion, and retention challenges. Our solutions work individually or as a platform to build genuine loyalty, foster customer advocacy, and generate impactful user-generated content.
We are looking for a Solution Sales Engineer (or Solutions Architect) to be part of our pre-sales and existing customer sales team working in tandem with account executives to demonstrate our platform to a qualified audience and facilitating deeper technical integration and implementation discussions. This person needs to be able to understand customer needs and pain points and be able to demonstrate a solution to solve their needs using our products.
1. At least 2 years experience in a Sales Engineer or Solutions Architect Role at a SaaS or On-premise Software company
2. A passion to serve the customer, which has played out in some customer-facing role like consulting or support, ideally sales engineering
3. An ability to quickly communicate complex ideas around a technical topic, ideally on the fly at a whiteboard
4. Experience with RESTful APIs and ability to explain them
5. Extensive experience in explaining and demonstrating integrations with other platforms once trained (which in our case will be e-commerce platforms, email service providers, POS systems, ERP systems, CRM platforms and more).
6. Great oral and written technical communication skills and experience doing deeper product demonstrations tied to specific business use cases.
7. Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Computer Science or a comparable field is preferred.
1. Support sales efforts in client-facing meetings and calls by leading custom product demonstrations based on a solid understanding of customer business processes and workflows
2. Marry technical expertise, product knowledge, and industry knowledge with Sales Acumen in order to help close business and thoroughly educate the customer on the product
3. Execute the delivery of POCs for customers that have more complex use cases, collaborating with other Annex Cloud teams as necessary
4. Offer creative solutions to complex workflows against specific business requirements
5. Provide clear documentation and approach for delivery to the implementation team
6. Maintain and enhance industry-specific demo environments and scripts for use by internal teams.
7. Respond to functional and technical elements of RFIs/RFPs
8. Convey customer requirements to Product Management and Implementation teams and relay information to Sales Team
9. Reposition customer objections and explain workarounds for workflows not inherent within the product
10. Craft technical content to show customers how to implement specific use cases for implementation or integration