Customer Success Director / Digital Account Director
Customer Success | Los Angeles, CA | Full Time
Annex Cloud is an enterprise Software-as-a-Service company that helps its customers acquire, convert, and retain consumers with the only purpose-built, complete customer loyalty and social commerce solution. Annex Cloud suites of products include customer Loyalty Programs, Sharing and Referral programs, Login Services, User Generated Content, and Visual Commerce.
Its unified platform and fully managed service help deliver omni-channel customer loyalty programs and monetize social media for the world’s leading enterprise and mid-size companies including the Internet Retailer Top 1000 brands.
With over 100 customers and over 50 technology partners, Annex Cloud’s global product footprint generates over 1 Billion social media interactions every month.
With over 100 employees, the company is backed by some of the most prominent technology investors including Siemer Ventures, Tech Coast Angels, and Karlin Ventures and the founders and executives of Shopzilla, PriceGrabber, LegalZoom, Oversee.net, Disney Online, and Real Networks.
We are looking for a customer facing, confident, organized, problem solver who likes not just the idea of a start-up, but the reality of a start-up. The Customer Success Director is the face of Annex Cloud. In this role you will lead all of the activities around the customer divided into two broad parts. Working with your technical counterpart to project manage the seamless implementation of Annex Cloud applications on customers’ sites. The second, is proactively managing your customers throughout their time with Annex Cloud to ensure that we are delivering on their expectations by providing regular updates on performance, identifying and solving any challenges, suggesting best practices and being the internal champion for your customers.
But it’s not all work and no play. Being a start-up we have the compulsory stocked kitchen, regular breakfasts and lunches, weekly happy hours, etc., while not forgetting the stock options and covering your health with health, vision and dental insurance.
If you want to work with fun people who want to make meaningful contributions where they work please read on to learn about the full list responsibilities and qualifications below.
• Capturing customer requirements, prioritizing and managing deadlines and expectations across multiple customers and concurrent projects
• Autonomously managing the implementation process and communication with Enterprise and SMB customers, leveraging a team of technical managers, designers, developers and QA personnel for execution
• Analyzing and drawing conclusions from available data then providing customers clear actionable solutions to maximize the benefits of the Annex Cloud platform
• Understanding the customers’ business, technical landscape, pain points, and vision for the future and providing solutions that solve key business problems, increase productivity, and drive increased business value
• Identifying, pursuing and leading the opportunity for upsells within the platform
• Proactively crafting and selling customer vision on how to make Annex Cloud a core part of the customers’ landscape, and reactively handling product/experience focused customer escalations
• Driving product innovation through surfacing customer input and product ideas based on customer interactions with our Product and Engineering teams
• Providing education/training to new hires and lead the entire onboarding process when it comes to product education and customer management.
• Proactively taking ownership and stewarding projects when the opportunity arises.
• When appropriate, managing and mentoring other CSMs as well as those in other roles
• Setting an example for everyone to follow by espousing the company ethos
• 7+ years’ experience in Customer-facing account and implementation management – in software or web development, with SaaS and/or e-commerce experience
• Experience with directly overseeing project management, account management, and strategy for Enterprise Level Accounts
• Experience working in a customer facing role with Enterprise customers, and directly with Sales, Customer Success, Professional Services, and Product/Engineering
• Experience leading face-to-face meetings with Executive level members
• History of consistently meeting or exceeding retention and upsell goals
• Proven track record of successfully managing a broad range of customers and serving as an escalation point for other CSM’s
• Problem solver. Embraces a challenge. Comfortable with ambiguity and rapid change
• Fluent understanding of the software development process and demonstrates interest and capacity to learn, fast
• Must be a self motived team player and be able to work in a fast paced environment
• Possesses outstanding organizational and multi-tasking skills; Desire and ability to oversee many customers across multiple projects at a time
• Thrives in a dynamic, fast paced start-up environment, while managing a high volume of email and to a much lesser degree, calls
• Exceptional team player who understands how to get things done, while respecting others
• Excellent telephone and email etiquette and ability to maintain a professional demeanor