Machine Learning Engineer
Engineering | Beirut, Lebanon | Full Time
- Based in Lebanon, Anghami is the leading music service venture created by seasoned entrepreneurs, funded with over 30 million$ by leading firms in the Middle East, with the aim to change the way music is discovered and listened to.
- Since its launch public launch in January 2012, Anghami has over 55 million users and growing throughout the Middle East and the world.
- We're bringing back cool into music by allowing you to listen to all the music you love, on any device - by redefining what’s possible in the Middle East, and evolving how music is consumed. We move quickly and carefully, and we want passionate people to be part of the journey.
- We’re looking for people willing to work hard and grow in a best of breed startup environment in a company that is undergoing tremendous success.
- We work to maintain a healthy balance of strong senior engineers and smart junior engineers eager to develop their skills.
- We believe Anghami is a place to come and deliver career-defining achievements.
About this Job:
- We are looking for a candidate with a Bachelor or Master's Degree in Computer Science or related field
- Strong proficiency with Java, Python, Scala or C++
- Industry experience preferred but exceptional fresh graduates may also apply
- On the core ML & Data Engineering team you will be working on problems related to recommender systems, revenue optimization & customer retention.
- You will be focused on building, deploying, monitoring & maintaining the next generation of our models & algorithms.
- In short you have an extreme willingness to learn new things and a can-do attitude to tackle new and challenging problems!
- Sound understanding of machine learning fundamentals [essential]
- Solid grasp of Python (Numpy, Scipy, Pandas, Scikit-learn) & SQL. [essential]
- Knowledge about distributed & big data systems: Hadoop, Spark, Pig, Hive, AWS S3, AWS Redshift [desired]
- 2+ years Experience with computer science fundamentals in object-oriented design, data structures, algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis [desired]
- Used deep learning frameworks: Keras, TensorFlow, PyTorch, Chainer etc. [desired]
- Used "classical" Machine Learning techniques: gradient boosting, random forest, regression, collaborative filtering. [desired]
- Knowledge about Recommender Systems and Predictive Modeling [desired]
- We offer very competitive salaries, potential stock options, paid vacations, training and development, team building and social events, plus an attractive benefits package including health insurance.
- We also offer startup perks including unlimited coffee, Friday events every other week and an exciting office in Jal el Dib ☺
- If you are interested in joining a team of passionate, extremely talented industry veterans in the mobile space, who like to work hard and play hard, we look forward to hearing from you soon!