Junior Front-End Web Engineer
Engineering | Beirut, Lebanon | Full Time
- Based in Lebanon, Anghami is the leading music service venture created by seasoned entrepreneurs, funded with over 30 million$ by leading firms in the Middle East, with the aim to change the way music is discovered and listened to.
- Anghami is listed as #2 startup in the Forbes top 100 Middle Eastern startups in 2017.
- Since its public launch in January 2012, Anghami has over 50 million users and growing throughout the Middle East and the world.
- We're bringing back cool into music by allowing you to listen to all the music you love, on any device - by redefining what’s possible in the Middle East, and evolving how music is consumed. We move quickly and carefully, and we want passionate people to be part of the journey.
- We’re looking for people willing to work hard and grow in a best of breed startup environment in a company that is undergoing tremendous success.
- We work to maintain a healthy balance of strong senior engineers and smart junior engineers eager to develop their skills.
- We believe Anghami is a place to come and deliver career-defining achievements.
- Be part of a cross-functional team including product management, research and backend engineers to own and build one of our products.
- Maintain current code and develop new features for our web projects.
- Work closely with engineering and design teams to quickly iterate on new features.
- Build innovative user experiences with the latest web technologies.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, or related field or equivalent experience.
- 2+ years of experience as a Front-End Engineer.
- Passionate about Anghami's mission to bring music to the region.
- Strong understanding of single page HTML5/AJAX web apps.
- Experience with CSS preprocessing frameworks (SASS/LESS).
- Experience with technologies like Git, Gulp, Grunt, Bower, Node.
- Experience with backend APIs loaded in RESTful fashion returning JSON.
- Understanding of cross-browser compatibility issues and client-side performance considerations.
- Understanding of responsive design and mobile UX.
- Comfortable in creating quick mockups using Photoshop, Sketch, Adobe XD or any other software.
- Knowledge in PHP and MySQL is a plus.
- We offer very competitive salaries, paid vacations, training and development, team building and social events, plus an attractive benefits package including health insurance.
- We also offer startup perks including unlimited coffee, Friday events every other week and an exciting office in Jal el Dib ☺
- If you are interested in joining a team of passionate, extremely talented industry veterans in the mobile space, who like to work hard and play hard, we look forward to hearing from you soon!