iOS Senior Engineer
Mobile | Beirut, Lebanon | Full Time
- Based in Lebanon, Anghami is the leading music service venture created by seasoned entrepreneurs, funded with over 30 million$ by leading firms in the Middle East, with the aim to change the way music is discovered and listened to.
- Since its launch public launch in January 2012, Anghami has over 50 million users and growing throughout the Middle East and the world.
- We're bringing back cool into music by allowing you to listen to all the music you love, on any device - by redefining what’s possible in the Middle East, and evolving how music is consumed. We move quickly and carefully, and we want passionate people to be part of the journey.
- We’re looking for people willing to work hard and grow in a best of breed startup environment in a company that is undergoing tremendous success.
- We work to maintain a healthy balance of strong senior engineers and smart junior engineers eager to develop their skills.
- We believe Anghami is a place to come and deliver career-defining achievements.
- We are looking for experienced iOS developers to help architect, build, iterate and manage our mobile application
- We are looking for self-starting engineers with strong experience developing sophisticated applications on the iPhone and iPad
- Contribute best-in-class programming skills to develop highly innovative, consumer-facing mobile products
- Continually offer thought-leadership and dependable execution ability in a high-paced environment characterized by ongoing iteration and product pushes
- Implement custom native user interfaces using the latest iOS programming techniques
- Build reusable iOS software components for interfacing with the Anghami platform
- Analyze and optimize UI and back-end application code for efficiency and performance
- 2-3 years of experience in iOS development, using Obj-C and Cocoa Touch. Maybe you even have some nice iPhone/iPad apps in the App Store that you can show us.
- Knowledge of Swift is a real plus.
- Fluent in writing well-documented code. You love to explain and show off your awesome new code snippet you just did to those around you, and you can do so in fluent English.
- A degree in Computer Science or similar is a plus, but not required.
- Being able to write and debug code that is suitable for mobile constraints.
- Solid understanding of the intricacies of the mobile platforms
- Familiar with source-control management
- Proficient in :
- Multi-Threading and memory management specific to mobile devices
- Understanding of caching and streaming mechanisms
- Extensive experience with UITableView and UICollectionView
- Auto Layout
- Ability to understand and debug large and complex code bases
- Experience designing clean and maintainable APIs
- Experience writing unit tests and testable code
- Knowledge of iOS SDK performance tools and optimization techniques
- We offer very competitive salaries, potential stock options, paid vacations, training and development, team building and social events, plus an attractive benefits package including health insurance.
- We also offer startup perks including unlimited coffee, Friday events every other week and an exciting office in Jal el Dib ☺
- If you are interested in joining a team of passionate, extremely talented industry veterans in the mobile space, who like to work hard and play hard, we look forward to hearing from you soon!