DevOps/SysAdmin Infrastructure Engineer
Engineering | Beirut, Lebanon | Full Time
- Based in Lebanon, Anghami is the leading music service venture created by seasoned entrepreneurs, funded with over 30 million$ by leading firms in the Middle East, with the aim to change the way music is discovered and listened to.
- Anghami is listed as #2 startup in the Forbes top 100 Middle Eastern startups in 2017.
- Since its public launch in January 2012, Anghami has over 50 million users and growing throughout the Middle East and the world.
- We're bringing back cool into music by allowing you to listen to all the music you love, on any device - by redefining what’s possible in the Middle East, and evolving how music is consumed. We move quickly and carefully, and we want passionate people to be part of the journey.
- We’re looking for people willing to work hard and grow in a best of breed startup environment in a company that is undergoing tremendous success.
- We work to maintain a healthy balance of strong senior engineers and smart junior engineers eager to develop their skills.
- We believe Anghami is a place to come and deliver career-defining achievements.
About this Job:
- We are seeing a versatile DevOps Engineer to join our fast-growing team.
- Our Infrastructure team is responsible for evolving and maintaining the platform on which Anghami lives and ensures the reliability, performance, scalability, efficiency and security of Anghami as a whole.
- Ideally you are an engineer with experience in system administration, linux administrator and cloud services.
- As a DevOps Engineer, you’ll be responsible for the whole platform, from performance and monitoring to security and everything in between. You’ll be at the heart of building and maintaining the technical infrastructure we rely on every day, getting the opportunity to architect an infrastructure that already serves 50 Million users and growing.
- You’ll have the chance to make the tough decisions that we need to make to take us to the next level, choosing the right tools for the job and leading projects to solve real problems for both our users and engineers. We like to ship fast, often, and safely, and our engineers are shipping code daily.
- You are expected to work on our existing AWS infrastructure as well as leverage new technologies that improve Anghami’s availability, performance and cost across our whole software stack and infrastructure - while responding to alerts.
- The core Anghami API is written in PHP application. Our infrastructure runs entirely within Amazon Web Services in a complex environment that uses Nginx, Varnish, Kibana, Elasticsearch and others. We use MySQL, Aurora, Redis, Memcached and Redshift for most of our storage.
- Our iOS application is developed in Objective-C, while our Android application is written in Java. The web integration our customers use is built on Angular.js.
- We don’t need you to be familiar with any of these technologies to work with us, as we know that great people are effective and learn what we use quickly (or introduce us to better ways of working).
However, we think a successful candidate would have some of the following traits:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, or related field or equivalent experience
- Passionate about Anghami's mission to bring music to the region.
- Working experience of Shell scripting, Python and PHP
- Strong understanding of LAMP architecture (Linux, Apache, MySQL & PHP)
- Knowledgeable in AWS Technologies such as : EC2, RDS, S3, Aurora, Redshift, CloudWatch and others
- Knowledgeable in docker and containers
- Knowledgeable in HaProxy/Nginx
- Must be skilled in logical thinking and troubleshooting skills
- Persistent/tenacious problem-solver adept at critical thinking
- Effectively prioritise multiple tasks based on short and long term goals.
- Fast learner/adaptable/desire to learn and improve.
- We offer very competitive salaries, paid vacations, training and development, team building and social events, plus an attractive benefits package including health insurance.
- We also offer startup perks including unlimited coffee, Friday events every other week and an exciting office in Jal el Dib ☺
- If you are interested in joining a team of passionate, extremely talented industry veterans in the mobile space, who like to work hard and play hard, we look forward to hearing from you soon!