Engineering | Beirut, Lebanon | Full Time
- Based in Lebanon, and with offices in Dubai, Riyadh & Cairo - Anghami is the leading music service venture created by seasoned entrepreneurs, funded with over 30 million$ by leading firms in the Middle East, with the aim to change the way music is discovered and listened to.
- Since it's launch public launch in January 2013, Anghami has over 55 million users and growing throughout the Middle East and the world.
- We're bringing back cool into music by allowing you to listen to all the music you love, on any device - by redefining what’s possible in the Middle East, and evolving how music is consumed. We move quickly and carefully, and we want passionate people to be part of the journey.
- We’re looking for people willing to work hard and grow in a best of breed startup environment in a company that is undergoing tremendous success.
- We work to maintain a healthy balance of strong senior engineers and smart junior engineers eager to develop their skills.
- We believe Anghami is a place to come and deliver career-defining achievements.
About this Job:
- We are looking for a Data Engineer with a background in Data Modeling, Analytics & Computer Science
- Able to translate data-driven insights into action with story telling and visual art design skills with a hacker mindset and problem solver
- Proactive, creative, innovative and collaborative
- Knowledge in Data analysis and Business Intelligence related activities
- Solid knowledge in SQL and databases
- Solid knowledge in R or Python as well as PHP
- Familiar with Data Warehouse and Data Marts modeling techniques : 3rd NF, Star Schema and Dimensional Modeling
- Familiar with ETL tools and techniques : Data Extraction, Cleansing, Transformation and Integration
- Good experience in visualization and reporting tools including but not limited to Python or R drawing packages : ggplot2, lattice, …
- Knowledge in developing data products using Shiny, R or Python packages and interactive graphics
- Basic understanding of statistical analysis :
- R or Python statistical computing packages
- Statistical modeling and regression models
- Statistical inference : Frequentists, Bayesian, Likelihood, design based, …
- Supervised and Unsupervised learning : Decision Trees, Naive Bayes, Random Forests, Logistic Regression, Clustering, Dimensionality Reduction, ...
- We offer very competitive salaries, potential stock options, paid vacations, training and development, team building and social events, plus an attractive benefits package including health insurance.
- We also offer startup perks including unlimited coffee, Friday events every other week and an exciting office in Jal el Dib ☺
- If you are interested in joining a team of passionate, extremely talented industry veterans in the mobile space, who like to work hard and play hard, we look forward to hearing from you soon!