T-Mobile Retail Store Manager In Training
Kentucky | Louisville, KY | Full Time
Retail Training Store Manager
The Retail Training Store Manager acts as the presence in the retail store and in the training facility. The Retail Training Store Manager motivates the Retail Sales Associates to excel by providing guidance and inspirational leadership that will drive their need to succeed. Ensures an extraordinary customer experience at all times, ensures the store team is knowledgeable about company/store communications and delivers financial results based on Key Performance Indicators. In addition to sales & operations, the Retail Training Store Manager oversees the onboarding of all new employees hired in their district, in partnership with the regional training manager. The Retail Training Store Manager is responsible for overall store sales and operations. In addition the RTSM is accountable for driving engagement of new hire classes as well as the development of high performing, motivated team members.
Essential Functions - Sales Responsibilities:
- Establishes and Maintains the Un-carrier Customer Experience.
- Demonstrating the right customer behaviors defined by delivering T-Mobile’s Un-Carrier experience and the Amtel Sales System sales model.
- Utilizes observation guides for frontline employees at the standard frequency
- Ensures consistent delivery of the Un-Carrier Experience in the retail store environment
- Observe customer interactions on the sales floor
- Provide coaching to associates & secondary leaders in a timely manner with ICAN (Identify, Communicate, Agree, Next Steps)
- Manage customer wait time (conduct warm hand offs between customers and associates)
- Ensure positive & authentic customer experiences
- Maintain shopping environment
- When floor Coaching, Staying Mobile (always in motion)
- Exit Review (Referrals, NPS, Thank You)
- Partner with ASM to successfully launch new products, services or processes
- Ensuring all employees are properly trained on new products, services, and promotions to sell with confidence
- RTSM stores should be a model of excellence in all brand standards.
- Provides leadership to our associates and customers and inspires a team of associates to help one another provide the best customer experience.
- Builds customer confidence by making the store experience interactive, engaging and reassuring.
- Describes merchandise and explain use, operation, and care of merchandise to customers.
- Utilizes consultative selling skills to solve customer problems and/or meet their needs.
- Leads marketing efforts to solicit new business, including but not limited to outbound calling, community involvement, outreach programs, and promoting the brand inside and outside the store/retail location.
- Maintains the visual appeal of the store, including the back room, restrooms and individual work areas according to the retail store standards.
- Uses store displays and interactive devices effectively to enhance the customer experience.
- Develops positive long-term customer relationships.
- Places special orders or calls other stores to find desired items.
- Recruits, develops motivates and manages a high-performing team.
- Trains Retail Sales Associates on current sales and promotions, policies regarding payment and exchanges and security practices. Keeps abreast of the rapidly evolving T-Mobile technology.
- Maintains records related to sales.
- Executes the processes and procedures that ensure efficient “back of the house” operations.
- Assists with inventory counts as needed.
- Assists with other duties as directed.
- Consistently demonstrate excellent leadership and coaching skills
- Utilizes Workplace Systems to effectively schedule coverage, and resource planning to ensure the store has the right number of employees in the right roles at the right times
- Takes the lead in developing, training and managing assigned team, maintaining ultimate decision making responsibilities for evaluations, discipline and staffing (hiring/firing/promoting)
- Assist, inspire, and encourage all employees by motivating team to succeed
- Monitor Customer Experience performance indicators and coach accordingly
- Fully understand and assist in educating personnel on compensation plan and how to maximize earnings
- Assist in ensuring all time cards are reviewed, approved daily and accurate
- Perform role plays with employees on a regular basis to improve interactions with customers
- Training & Development
- Ensure all new hires:
- Attend all classroom training (ILT or VILT)
- Complete all activities of their UCER curriculum in Cornerstone
- Pass all knowledge checks
- Complete Interaction Model Certification
- Review and understand all UCER content
- Assist new hires with their Do-it-Yourself (Self-Guided) activities
- Communicate availability & training schedule to Home Store Managers on a bi-weekly basis
- Obtain employee credentials for new hires from Regional Training Manager by Day 1 of NEO.
- Coordinate Day 5 and Day 10 status meetings (or call) with Home Store Manager
- Confirm Virtual Class Session Start Times
- Ensure a great learning environment
- Tablets/laptops are charged daily
- Test equipment prior to the virtual class
- Perform basic troubleshooting
- Confirm access to all necessary systems
- Prepare existing training store employees to support new hires
- Review each days UCER activities with existing training store employees
- Follow up at the end of week 3 to ensure timely completion of all WBT’s, Knowledge Checks, and other training activities
- Review Weekly Training reports to ensure everyone is on track and complete with requirements.
- Drive for Results
- Managerial Courage
- Customer Focus
- Developing Direct Reports
- Managing and Measuring Work
- Drives Engagement
Core Accountabilities (KPI’s):
- Execute store initiatives related to sales, service and the customer experience.
- Gross Adds
- Total Boxes
- Customer Retention
- Value Added Services
- Accessory Revenue
- Customer Survey NPS
- Execute District initiatives related to training & development of new employees.
- Un-carrier Experience Ready! Completion
- Priority Web based Training Completion
- Training Proficiency
- Customer Survey NPS (store level)
This position operates in a retail training store setting. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines. Requires recognizing, identifying and using products and necessary reports. Occasional travel may be required for training purposes.
This position requires the ability to lift files, boxes up to 25lbs, open filing cabinets, bend, stoop, reach, twist, lift, pull, move around the store frequently engaging with customers for long periods.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work:
This is a full time position (40 hours). Retail Training Store Manager’s are typically required to work 45 hours per week. Days of the week may vary. Must be available to work nights, holidays and weekends.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Amtel LLC provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/ expression, veteran status, genetics or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent retail management work experience required
- Two years of supervisory wireless or retail experience
- Proven track record of high performance in relation to motivating a high performing sales team
- Proven business acumen, retail math, problem solving, & decision making skills
- Ability to consistently communicate both written and verbal
- Ability to handle multiple tasks concurrently
- Knowledge of cellular/pcs/advanced wireless communication preferred
- Deliver results and demonstrate exceptional interpersonal skills
- Successful completion of company prerequisite training courses