HR Coordinator ($15/per hour)
Corporate | Grapevine, TX | Full Time
Position summary: The Amtel HR Generalist is the Corporate Office Recruiter and Onboarding Ambassador as well as the Company HRIS/HCM Specialist and Compensation Analyst.
Administratively, the HR Coordinator compiles and retains all employee files (paper and electronic) according to retention guidelines. Maintains and manages I-9 document retention, HIPPA Files, Leave of Absence tracker and staffing list. The HR Generalist is the point of contact for New Store Openings to ensure all HR specific materials are ordered and shipped within a timely fashion. The Generalist maintains Amtel’s Integrity Line reporting and distributes to the appropriate department lead and HR Director for follow up.
Core objective: Assist the HR Dept., HR Business Partners and front line with human resource inquiries, compliance and executing/processing people related record keeping and transactions in accordance with Amtel, State and Federal regulatory guidelines. Ensures efficient, accurate and quality work product through managing/measuring work and providing quality internal customer service.
1. Maintains all new hire paperwork and regularly audits for compliance.
2. Maintains all personnel files and regularly audits for compliance
3. Maintains all I-9 documentation and regularly audits for compliance (maintains a tickler system for re-verification purposes)
4. Maintains all HIPPA files and regularly audits for compliance
5. Assists with benefit open enrollment/eligibility tracking to ensure employee action
6. Maintains the company’s Leave of Absence Tracker. Partners with HR Director when action is required
7. Maintains and updates the field/corporate office staffing list and regularly updates to ensure accuracy
8. Files all employee specific information/documentation into the appropriate file
1. Responsible for ensuring all stores federal, state and Amtel specific HR postings are in place and orders for New Store Openings (NSO’s)
2. Conducts annual posting audit in partnership with operations
3. Partners with business department heads to ensure swipe clocks are ordered for NSO’s
4. Orders and distributes HR specific items for stores (i.e. applications)
5. Works in partnership with HR Specialist to maintain job board (adding and expiring jobs)
6. Leads Corporate Office Recruiting and Onboarding
7. Maintains all HRIS/HCM systems and provides administrative support and upkeep
8. Provides compensation analytics, competitive pay; develops/updates pay structure/grades
9. Administers and oversees the Performance Appraisal and Merit process
10. Other HR related administrative tasks as needed
1. Well-developed team and time management skills, unquestioned integrity, and the experience, confidence and presence to effectively handle interpersonal relationships and sensitive HR issues.
2. Ability to work with both technical and administrative personnel
3. Ability to adhere to and meet deadlines
4. Experience in handling sensitive and confidential information
5. Excellent communicator (oral and written) including the desire to ask questions and learn from coworkers
6. Ethical Conduct
7. Ability to raise issues proactively and in a timely matter
8. Strong administrative and data management skills
This position has no supervisory responsibility
This position operates in a clerical office setting. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines. The position may occasional require local travel.
This is a largely sedentary role, however, some filing/mailing is required. This would require the ability to lift files, boxes under 10lbs, open filing cabinets and bend or stand as necessary.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work:
This is a full time position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
• Associates Degree or equivalent from a two-year college or technical school or one or more years of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• 3-4 years HR/Customer Service experience
• Demonstrated experience utilizing Excel and other MS Office products.
• Proven business acumen and problem solving skills
• Ability to consistently communicate both written and verbal
• Ability to handle multiple tasks concurrently