Corporate | Grapevine, TX | Full Time
Position Title: Assistant Controller
Employment Type: Exempt
Reports To: Controller
Location: Corporate Office
With 200+ stores located across the country, Amtel is one of the fastest growing T-Mobile retailers in the United States, headquartered in the Dallas/Fort Worth metroplex. As an exclusive partner of T-Mobile US, we produce some of the most talented, experienced people in the industry. We are a closely knit team of professionals that work together to operate some of the most highly admired and respected T- Mobile stores. You will be joining at a transformative time for Amtel, as the new ownership group looks to aggressively grow as the industry goes through consolidation.
We are looking for an Assistant Controller to help oversee the accounting function of our organization. This is a highly visible role that will work closely with the Controller and CFO. The Assistant Controller must possess a solid work ethic with excellent decision making and organizational skills. This role will also require a very detail-oriented person with a high level of analytical and problem-solving abilities. As the Assistant Controller, you will be responsible for revenue and payroll entries, monthly general ledger close, balance sheet reconciliations, fixed asset reporting, and other special projects as needed. We are seeking someone who can join our growing company and be able to adapt to an evolving work environment recognizing changes and providing suggestions to handle arising issues. The Company is currently executing a M&A roll up strategy, and as such, the Assistant Controller would be exposed to significant M&A related strategy work. The Assistant Controller will sit at the Amtel corporate headquarters in Grapevine, Texas and will report to the Controller.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the day-to-day accounting responsibilities including maintaining financial reports, records, and general ledger accounts.
- Perform monthly financial close functions including preparation of month end entries and account reconciliations.
- Meeting processing and reporting deadlines.
- Assist with the coordination and support of external financial audit.
- Assist the Controller with the preparation of the financial packages for internal and external reporting.
- Assist with maintenance of processes and procedures including proper accounting controls.
- Assist with accounting integration associated with acquisitions.
- Assist with local and state tax and business filings.
- Assist with new ERP implementation.
- Fulfilling special projects and assisting the Controller as needed.
Education, Experience and Skills:
- 4-6 years of Accounting experience required; public accounting experience a plus.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance; CPA strongly preferred
- Strong computer skills: advanced skills in Microsoft® Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint and research.
- Strong working knowledge of US GAAP .
- Strong organizational, analytical, verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be detail-oriented and a team player.
- Must be able to work towards and meet deadlines.
- Self-starter with superior time management and multi-tasking skills.
- Experience using QuickBooks Online. Workday experience also helpful, but not required.
Amtel LLC provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/ expression, veteran status, genetics or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.