Technical Product Manager
Engineering | Boston, MA | Full Time
Technical Product Manager (SaaS)
We are seeking an experienced Technical Product Manager who has a passion for building software products that customers love.
This is role involves working in a highly collaborative, ever-changing startup environment to help build a unique, cloud-based collaboration and strategic planning SaaS platform in the biopharma/life sciences industry. This SaaS product is a multi-dimensional offering that provides deep industry insights, educational support, novel tools, and community connection for early and mid-stage life science companies.
Our startup is led by a seasoned team of industry experts with significant experience in the biopharma space.
- ● Translate business requirements and organizational needs into an actionable roadmap of releases and features that will guide daily product development.
- ● Work with software engineering and business teams to ensure that current and planned products are achievable and delivered to market on schedule.
- ● Coordinate with internal and external stakeholder groups in order to communicate updates and ensure alignment across all parties.
- ● Collaborate with developers to produce wireframes, visual designs, and documentation to illustrate features. Lead efforts to prioritize development backlog pages, features prioritization, and functionality.
- ● Help develop and monitor product performance metrics (stability, usability etc.) and take corrective action if product is underperforming.
- ● Gather and document information about new functionality by performing customer analysis, competitive intelligence, and market research.
- Identify new business opportunities and collaborate with Chief Product Officer to build business proposals for these opportunities.
- Perform regular training internally and externally on product features and functionality
Required Skills, Qualifications, and Experience:
- ● 3+ years of successful product management/owner experience in the B2B space
- ● Experience working within a software development environment
- ● Bachelor’s degree in a relevant technical field such as computer science or equivalent
- ● Experience working with APIs, integrating multiple systems, understanding complex operations, workflows, and systems, as well as crafting and implementing new processes
- ● Expertise in the use of data to make decisions including qualitative and quantitative research to validate product ideas
- ● Ability to educate, communicate, and present effectively with technical stakeholders and senior leadership, both technical and non-technical audiences
- ● Strong personal initiative and experience working with remote development or contract engineering teams
- ● Ability to set clear objectives with defined results
- ● A believer in collaboration and cooperation with team members, both functionally and cross-functionally, to achieve common goals
- ● Detail-oriented with superb organizational skills
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- ● Life sciences, biopharma, digital health, or related experience
- ● Experience with drug development and the pharmaceutical commercialization process and interest in improving collaboration in complex work environments
- ● Project management: Ability to develop and maintain a project plan using collaborative tools such as Smartsheet, Confluence, etc.