Scientist - Cell Biology (Nitrome Biosciences)
Research & Development | Brisbane, CA | Full Time
Our friends at Nitrome Biosciences have an interesting opportunity for a Scientist - Cell Biology!
Nitrome Biosciences, Inc., is a preclinical stage platform company developing disease modifying therapeutics against a novel class of enzymes to treat age related disorders: neurological, cardiovascular, and inflammatory diseases.
We are seeking inquisitive individuals who can thrive in a collaborative and dynamic culture and are steadfast in the commitment to advance cutting-edge science to make transformative medicines for patients with unmet medical needs.
As part of Nitrome Biosciences growth and drive toward the clinics, we are seeking to recruit a Cell Biologist with extensive hands-on experience applying iPSCs technologies for drug discovery: reprogramming, differentiation, and disease modeling for target validation studies and to analyze efficacy of therapeutics. Experience with dopaminergic neurons differentiation is highly desirable. The successful candidate will work with team members across scientific disciplines to develop disease models to test specific hypothesis that will provide insights into enzyme activity and disease pathology.
- Planning, designing, executing and analyzing studies in iPSC and other in vitro models of disease that recapitulate disease relevant pathologies
- Establish novel cellular assays to provide both in vitro proof-of-concept of enzyme function and provide quantitative read-outs that support preclinical development of therapeutic compounds to support translational development
- Ability to quickly acquire knowledge, develop and execute new disease models for a variety of indications to support the development of our platform of enzyme targets
- Close collaboration with a cross-disciplinary teams and external groups to coordinate and drive complex studies
- Clearly communicating results in written and oral formats
- Maintaining notebooks and electronic files associated with each experiment
- Preparing scientific presentations and manuscripts for publication
- Developing and authoring SOPs and reports
- Contribute to building a culture that encourages bold ideas, embraces scientific excellence, integrity, urgency and self-actualization
- Degree (BS, MS or Ph.D.) in Biology, Pharmacology or related scientific field
- 5 years+ in vitro disease model experience
- Drug discovery experience is a plus
- Proven ability to work both independently and as an integrated player in a small team environment
- Detail-oriented, proficient in oral and written communication
- Ideal candidate will have a thorough ability to conduct high quality, creative bench level work while also understanding the big picture and how to move the program forward efficiently
- Compensation is competitive and commensurate with experience and qualifications
Nitrome Biosciences is an equal opportunity employer.