Manager - Front End Software Engineering
Engineering | San Francisco, CA | Full Time
We are looking for a Front End Engineering Manager to manage a small team of engineers in developing our consumer facing websites and applications. To help build and support this team, you will lead by example with your years of experience in web site engineering, mentoring more junior engineers and pitching in to deliver quality online experiences. Written and verbal communication will be important as you work within cross functional teams attending daily standups and other scrum and design meetings. You understand unit testing is the foundation for our automated QA strategy and stability is a key component of a great user experience. Often the website is the first experience a customer has with us and you want that to be the best experience they can possibly have.
This role can be remote based!
Your responsibilities will include:
- Manage a team of front end engineers in developing our consumer facing websites.
- Help design and architect both systems and software to take advantage of reusability in components and shared libraries.
- Mentor engineers in the best use of technology and coding practices
- Participate in daily standups and weekly scrum meetings.
- Attend design sessions with other engineers, designers, product managers, and other stakeholders.
- Help build a quality engineering team dedicated to creating the best experiences for our customers
- Be hands on and pitch in where needed by writing code and participating in code reviews
- Keep up to date documentation on architecture and software design developed by the front end teams
What you will bring to the team:
- Experience with React and Node.js.
- Experience with Agile/Scrum methodology.
- Experience working as a software engineer
- Experience as a front end software engineer
- Specific experience with React.js
- Experience with Node.js
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience with AWS is preferred
- Experience using Atlassian tools including Jira and Confluence
- Experience with a diagram creation tools like LucidCharts
- Experience with Github
- Experience with Angular and/or Ruby On Rails a plus
- BS in CS / EE / CE / SE or equivalent related work experience
We recognize that people come with experience and talent beyond just the technical requirements of a job. If your experience is close to what you see listed here, please still consider applying. Diversity of experience and skills combined with passion is a key to innovation and excellence. Therefore, we encourage people from all backgrounds to apply to our positions.