Mechanic Technician II
Maintenance & Facilities | Irvine, CA | Full Time
Siegfried Irvine is a full service cGMP, FDA, MHRA and ISO13485 drug, device and combination product contract manufacturer providing developmental, clinical and commercial contract manufacturing services to large and small organizations, headquartered in Irvine, California.
We have an immediate need for a: Mechanic Technician II
Siegfried Irvine specializes in difficult to manufacture formulations that include solutions, suspensions, emulsions, sterile ointments and gels with the capability to fill an array of container closures. Siegfried Irvine has extensive manufacturing capabilities and maintains state of the art micro and analytical laboratories, and the capability to provide stability services meeting all ICH guidelines. Our commitment to Quality and Patient Safety is enduring and uncompromising.
Scope and Purpose of Position
Maintains and services mechanical equipment, machinery, and components. Performs skilled repair services on: mechanical, light electrical, manufacturing equipment and building systems. Conducts periodic inspections to evaluate requests for repair, and perform preventive maintenance as required. Identifies parts needed for replacement and places orders as necessary. Completes all work in accordance with established safety procedures. Works independently within established procedures associated with the specific job function.
Able to assemble test fixtures and tooling. Able to operate mechanical and optical test equipment and instruments. Set up and operate production equipment. Compile data in a report format after study is complete. Support all areas of engineering.
- Fabricate samples of exploratory products for testing by means of lathing, polishing, molding, tooling and fixtures
- Conduct simple and routine tests, maintain test records and test equipment Set up tooling and operate various types of production equipment and machinery, e.g. Lathes, mills, polishers, molds, mold presses, inspection equipment
- Recommend job set up, material and methods for building and testing prototype products and tooling Gather and summarize data (directed by engineers and/or computer generated) to support tests and validation studies
- Keep logs and records- on time
- Understands how to calibrate various production/laboratory instruments, machines, and equipment.
- Able to repairs and maintain various production/laboratory instruments, machines, and equipment.
- Any and all other duties assigned by immediate supervisor.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Ability to work in various ranges of test equipment
- Ability to work independently
- Ability check work with microscopes, comparators, micrometers, dial indicators
- Ability to read blueprints, sketches and/or handwritten instructions
- Good communication and writing skills
- Well organized in filling, tracking and daily maintenance of records
- Knowledge in science and math
- Educated or trained as an apprentice in one of the following is a plus:
- Blue Mountain Calibration Manager software
Required Education and Experience
- Associate / Technical Degree or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 2-4 years of relevant work experience
- Experience in calibrating various production/lab instruments/machines
- Experience in repairs and maintenance of various equipment
- Pharmaceutical/medical device experience preferred
Siegfried Irvine offers competitive pay, bonus program, medical, dental, vision, Co. Paid Life, LTD, STD, and Buy Up options. 401K (with match), Employee Share Purchase Program (ESPP). Our time off includes a holiday schedule, vacation accrual and sick time.