Sr. Technical Program Manager
2121 - PMO | Redwood City, CA | Full Time
Amobee is a technology company that transforms the way brands and agencies make marketing decisions. The Amobee Marketing Platform enables marketers to plan and activate cross-channel, programmatic media campaigns using real-time market research, proprietary audience data, advanced analytics, and more than 150 integrated partners, including Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, Snapchat and Twitter. Amobee is a wholly owned subsidiary of Singtel, one of the largest communications technology companies in the world which reaches over 640 million mobile subscribers. The company operates across North America, Europe, Middle East, Asia and Australia. For more information, visit amobee.com or follow @amobee
The Sr. Technical Program Manager requires a multitude of skills and talent to handle many facets of technical and inter-departmental challenges and drive successfully complete, large, complex, and global engagements. This individual will be managing a wide array of projects from software development, infrastructure, operations engineering initiatives.
The PMO (Program Management Office) team works closely with cross-functional teams such as Client Services, Business Development, Product Marketing, Product Management, Business Analysis, User Experience, Engineering (Platform, Applications, Middleware), QA, IT, and Technical Operations.
The Sr. Technical Program Manager juggles multiple competing projects, makes tradeoffs, and balances the business needs versus technical constraints. Requires maturity, good judgment, negotiation skills, ability to influence, analytical talent, and leadership to succeed in this role.
- Own the overall project and deliverables. Maintain work breakdown structure, detailed implementation schedule, and project plan
- Oversee project development efforts to keep projects on schedule, on budget, and to specification
- Lead technical project teams within a program(s) and translate business requirements into technical deliverables: understand technical infrastructure challenges and feasibilities and work with platform engineers/scientist to execute plan with quality
- Apply technical skills to all program and projects to improve performance, output of projects, and outcome of programs
- Build and maintain a trusted, cooperative relationship with internal and external partners both for specific projects as well as being their primary interface to Engineering on an ongoing basis
- Proactively manage and mitigate project risks, critical path, and provide impact assessment and prepare status reports to keep stakeholders informed of project status and related issues
- Take appropriate resolution steps, including changes in work methods, proposing alternate solutions and strategies, and provide revised project schedules.
- As an active member in the Technical Program Management & Operations, drive and improve process, policy and governance, tools to enhance the organization.
- Ability to work within time-bounded environments to meet response SLA and OLA
- Perform other duties as required or assigned
- Program management experience in Web-based architecture and/or experience in Technology Platforms such as Digital Advertising: Display, and DMP (Data Management Platform).
- Solid project management skills with ability to multi-task and manage multiple projects in cross-functional environment.
- Willingness to learn from and contribute to the Program Management Office team.
- Excellent communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills Excellent communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills: Ability to communicate effectively with technical teams.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, instructional design, educational technology, online teaching or training-related field or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 5+ years of project management experience in technical field.
- Some years of work experience in Cloud Computing, SaaS, PaaS.
- Software and tools: MS Project, MS Excel, MS Words, MS PowerPoint, HTML, Visio. Quick Base.
- Demonstrated track record of building and managing cross-functional teams.
- Proven ability to effectively build and manage relationships.
- Proven ability to manage project priorities and technical resources, plus relationships with multiple partners, teams, and/or vendors.
- Must be able to build and foster good relationships and be able to look out for the greater good of the team.
- PMP is a plus.
Location: Redwood City, CA
In addition to our great environment, we offer a competitive base salary, bonus program, stock options, employee development programs and other comprehensive benefits. Please send a cover letter along with your resume when applying to the position of interest located at Amobee.com. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. No phone calls and no recruiting agencies, please.