Software Engineer, Distributed Systems - Champaign
2131 - Engineering | Champaign, IL | Full Time
Amobee is a technology company that transforms the way brands and agencies make marketing decisions. The Amobee Marketing Platform enables marketers to plan and activate cross channel, programmatic media campaigns using real-time market research, proprietary audience data, advanced analytics, and more than 150 integrated partners, including Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, Snapchat and Twitter. Amobee is a wholly owned subsidiary of Singtel, one of the largest communications technology companies in the world which reaches over 640 million mobile subscribers. The company operates across North America, Europe, Middle East, Asia and Australia. For more information, visit amobee.com or follow @amobee
Are you passionate about designing and building scalable, distributed services with low latency messaging and high availability/fault tolerance? Do you think processing 200 billion requests in under 10ms every day with just 1500 servers is an interesting challenge? Are you ready to join a world-class, highly cooperative engineering team? If your answers are yes, then you are the person we’re looking for.
We are looking for Software Engineers to join the technical staff in our Platform Distributed Systems team. The engineers will contribute to our efforts in designing and implementing the critical distributed systems infrastructure that supports our ad delivery system. If you’re passionate about application performance, distributed systems, networking, and huge volumes of data and are interested in joining a world class engineering team you might well be the person we’re looking for. Qualified individuals will have a solid background in the fundamentals of computer science, and some background in distributed computing, high availability, large scale data processing, and performance monitoring and tuning.
Because we are a small team, your ability to communicate technical ideas effectively, in oral and written forms, and solve complex problems in a team environment will also be considered.
- Build distributed systems – work on improving and adding new functionality to Amobee’s distributed systems backbone.
- Design and implement features evolving our online advertising and data management product offerings.
- Scale the ad network – work on tuning and optimizing the delivery of ads in a network with thousands of concurrent events, unique data scalability challenges and advanced ad selection techniques
- Keep it running – help troubleshoot application operational issues.
- Learn and grow – learn from local experts and expand your skills and responsibilities
- Develop instrumentation/profiling tools and systems.
- Must be hard working, team oriented, bright, creative, cooperative, and an exceptional problem solver. And nice. We only have nice people.
- Must be able to quickly understand technical and business requirements and be able to translate into technical implementation
- Experience with Java, C++ or C# is a must.
- Minimum 1 - 2+ years of relevant experience
- A degree in Computer Science (preferred) or Electrical Engineering (BS) is a must. MS/PhD preferred.
- Some experience with distributed systems, advanced applications building, large scale data processing or application partitioning is a must for senior positions. Relevant classes and projects is a must for junior positions.
- Solid understanding and working knowledge of modern operating systems, networking, and/or scalability techniques.
- Proven skills in scalability analysis and performance monitoring and measuring techniques are a must for senior positions.
- Experience with Linux based operating systems is a plus.
Keywords: Distributed systems, high scalability, key/value store, replication, consistency, partitioning, messaging, coordination, (ZooKeeper), streaming, Java, Linux, big data.
Location: Champaign, Illinois; On the University of Illinois campus in the Research Park
Location: Flexible to hire in Austin, TX
In addition to our great environment, we offer a competitive base salary, bonus program, stock options, employee development programs and other comprehensive benefits. Please send a cover letter along with your resume when applying to the position of interest located at Amobee.com. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. No phone calls and no recruiting agencies, please.
The Amobee Innovation Center, located in the University of Illinois Research Park, is Amobee's first engineering office and innovation center outside of the corporate headquarters. The Amobee Innovation Center offers the same excitement and challenges working in the fast-paced online advertising industry as Amobee's headquarters, plus many various opportunities to engage with the University and students. The Research Park, consistently ranked as one of the top research parks and tech incubators in the country, offers a variety of social and training events throughout the year. All employees at companies within the Research Park are affiliate members of the University, and receive benefits accordingly (http://www.researchpark.illinois.edu/at-illinois/affiliation-benefits).