Software Engineer, Applications - Champaign
2131 Engineering | Champaign, IL | Full Time
Amobee is a technology company that transforms the way brands and agencies make marketing decisions. The Amobee Marketing Platform enables marketers to plan and activate cross channel, programmatic media campaigns using real-time market research, proprietary audience data, advanced analytics, and more than 150 integrated partners, including Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, Snapchat and Twitter. Amobee is a wholly owned subsidiary of Singtel, one of the largest communications technology companies in the world which reaches over 640 million mobile subscribers. The company operates across North America, Europe, Middle East, Asia and Australia. For more information, visit amobee.com or follow @amobee
We are looking for brilliant and talented software engineers to join our Applications team, responsible for all of the client-facing components at Amobee. You should be motivated by building high performance, web-based, enterprise applications that are used to manage hundreds of millions of dollars in digital marketing spend around the globe.
The Applications team works closely with the Product Management and User Experience teams to help design our products. We use agile methodologies with a focus on creating an exceptional customer experience first and foremost.
At Amobee, what you build has impact on millions and works to better the Internet. You’ll do this in a culture that promotes innovation, freedom, growth, and humor. You’ll work with people who are as passionate about web applications as you are, along with leading experts in distributed computing, data mining, and machine learning who build our backend platform.
We are very passionate about what we do here, and at the same time have fun doing what we love. Various company and team events and outings provide a good mix of work and play. We all need to chill out occasionally and have fun with our fellow team members.
- Working on high touch, high visibility, high performance, highly scalable enterprise applications - client facing apps involving campaign management, workflow, analytics, audience design, etc.
- Experimenting with new ways of visualizing large amounts of data
- Work with latest technologies. Tech stack includes: Java, Hibernate, Spring 3, AngularJS, React, D3, Jasmine, Bootstrap, HTML5, MongoDB, and more
- Research on new web technologies
- Passionate about web based applications
- Degree in Computer Science from a top tier school
- Anywhere from 0 – 6 years of experience
- High degree of comfort in Java or other object-oriented language
- Knowledge of application frameworks such as Spring 3
- Understanding of HTTP request/response lifecycle
- Experience with database technologies
- A good sense of information architecture and visual design
- Strong problem solving and communication skills
- Motivated by writing fast, scalable code with testability in mind
- Excited by working in a fast-paced environment
Location: Champaign, Illinois; On the University of Illinois campus in the Research Park
In addition to our great environment, we offer a competitive base salary, bonus program, stock options, employee development programs and other comprehensive benefits. Please send a cover letter along with your resume when applying to the position of interest located at Amobee.com. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. No phone calls and no recruiting agencies, please.
The Amobee Innovation Center, located in the University of Illinois Research Park, is Amobee's first engineering office and innovation center outside of the corporate headquarters. The Amobee Innovation Center offers the same excitement and challenges working in the fast-paced online advertising industry as Amobee's headquarters, plus many various opportunities to engage with the University and students. The Research Park, consistently ranked as one of the top research parks and tech incubators in the country, offers a variety of social and training events throughout the year. All employees at companies within the Research Park are affiliate members of the University, and receive benefits accordingly (http://www.researchpark.illinois.edu/at-illinois/affiliation-benefits).