Sales Director - Chicago
3121 Sales | Chicago, IL | Full Time
Amobee is a technology company that transforms the way brands and agencies make marketing decisions. The Amobee Marketing Platform enables marketers to plan and activate cross channel, programmatic media campaigns using real-time market research, proprietary audience data, advanced analytics, and more than 150 integrated partners, including Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, Snapchat and Twitter. Amobee is a wholly owned subsidiary of Singtel, one of the largest communications technology companies in the world which reaches over 640 million mobile subscribers. The company operates across North America, Europe, Middle East, Asia and Australia. For more information, visit amobee.com or follow @amobee.
We’re seeking a highly talented Sales Director to effectively manage a sales team in order to ensure sales targets are achieved through new and existing business. The Sales Director will communicate regularly with senior agency contacts, key clients and internal customers in order to build and maintain strong relationships. The right individual will have extensive experience of the market in order to develop product, client and agency strategies that ensure Amobee continues to grow their market share.
- Provide the sales team with guidance in preparing strategies and proposals that exceed client expectations and requirements
- Prepare, monitor and assess sales related tasks of team members
- Identify specific areas for improvement for team members to help them achieve their individual targets.
- Actively work with network management to ensure that campaigns deliver and perform against objectives
- Develop proactive product, category and seasonal sales packages to increase revenue
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with all major accounts, their agencies (media and creative)
- Develop new senior level relationships within agencies and advertisers.
- Assist the sales team in building agency/client relationships where required.
- Develop short (3 month) and long term proactive strategies for each major account
- Ensure quality initiatives that meet clients business objectives are developed for all major accounts.
- Implement ‘best practice’ account management for key clients
- Facilitate a range of social & professional activities to enhance relationships and build mutual understanding
- Supervise proper delivery of client’s campaigns in accordance with goals and objectives of the client
- Monitor and provide feedback to sales team on progress of individual sales & business plans.
- Develop strategies to address industry/client issues and/or challenges across products
- Work with internal teams to ensure they are aligned with your business objectives / strategies.
- Contribute as part of the Sales management team to the development and implementation of team business strategies and objectives across all products
- Provide weekly update of current revenue forecasts, initiatives and opportunities across all products.
- Ensure effective communication to management on agency portfolios and major accounts.
- Provide ongoing support, feedback and motivation for your sales team
- Facilitate internal team, skill and knowledge building exercises
- Identify training and/or development opportunities for individuals to support business objectives
- Plan for succession and develop strategies to ensure readiness
- Ensure sales team have all product, marketplace and competitive media information and can effectively work through the sales process to gain business
- Where possible, delegate tasks and responsibilities to appropriate staff.
- Initiate and/or participate in regular client calls with team members to provide support, feedback and coaching as required
- Work with team members to ensure development plans are created and reviewed quarterly
- Demonstrate in-depth understanding of Amobee products and how to position them to advertisers
- Regularly consume trade media and business press to keep abreast of marketplace
- Develop systems for ongoing market intelligence information
- Understand major account competitors and their current media strategies
- Proven online sales ability – preferably more than 3 years sales experience.
- Media experience, preferably with some time spent in online.
- Sales management experience.
- Preferred tertiary educated or demonstrated ability to communicate effectively in a business environment.
- Established relationships with media agencies and clients
- In-depth knowledge of the internet and its commercial/marketing benefits.
- Major sales & account management skills.
- Experience in forecasting and budgeting
- Strong analytical skills
- Ability to think strategically.
- Highly developed communication, negotiation and presentation skills (both written and oral)
- Superior client management skills with a strong customer focus
- Excellent organizational skills, with the ability to prioritize multiple tasks and manage time effectively.
- Effective problem solver and decision-maker.
- Ability to motivate individuals and lead a team.
- Ability to make well balanced business decisions.
- Ability to train and support training processes (e.g. coaching).
- Advanced computer skills (e.g. PowerPoint, Excel, Word, Outlook, and internet).
- Ability to work with wide range of people at all decision-making levels to develop strong internal and external working relationships.
- Confident and enthusiastic.
- Driven to succeed - drives results beyond expectations.
- Responds well to a challenge.
- Takes the initiative - proactively identifies new opportunities, etc.
- A team player helps to create an effective working environment.
In addition to our great environment, we offer a competitive base salary, employee development programs and other comprehensive benefits. When applying to this position, please send your resume to https://www.amobee.com/company/careers/. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. No phone calls and no recruiting agencies, please.