Executive Assistant - CCO & SVP, NA Sales
3121 Sales | Chicago, IL | Full Time
Amobee is a technology company that transforms the way brands and agencies make marketing decisions. The Amobee Marketing Platform enables marketers to plan and activate cross channel, programmatic media campaigns using real-time market research, proprietary audience data, advanced analytics, and more than 150 integrated partners, including Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, Snapchat and Twitter. Amobee is a wholly owned subsidiary of Singtel, one of the largest communications technology companies in the world which reaches over 640 million mobile subscribers. The company operates across North America, Europe, Middle East, Asia and Australia. For more information, visit amobee.com or follow @amobee
You are a talented and experienced Executive Assistant. You thrive in a fast paced, high energy, technology driven environment that encourages passionate participation and a strong desire to win.
You love anticipating roadblocks and creating solutions. You are a natural organizer, relationship builder, and a marvel at time management. You are flexible, agile, and focused on the finish line, not the obstacles.
You’re an independent thinker that requires little direct supervision. You surround yourself with like-minded individuals and are not willing to settle for mediocrity.
You are a lifelong learner who thrives in dynamic environments and enjoys the challenge of learning new things. You are a team player and enjoy collaboration. You appreciate the importance of good communication and know that teamwork takes practice, effort and a good attitude.
You’re in a position to work early mornings and late evenings as necessary to support a dynamic C and SVP level executives with a global travel schedule.
Now…does this sound like you?
Reporting directly to the C-Level Executives, the Executive Assistant will support both the C-Level Executives, North America Sales located in our Chicago office The Executive Assistant serves as the primary point of contact for the C-Level Executives of NA Sales. The Executive Assistant also serves as the liaison to senior management teams; organizes and coordinates executive outreach and external relations efforts; and oversees special projects. The Executive Assistant must be creative and enjoy working within an environment that is mission-driven, results driven, and community oriented. The ideal individual will have the ability to exercise good judgement in a variety of situations, with a strong written and verbal communication, administrative, and organizational skills, and the ability to maintain a realistic balance among multiple priorities. The Executive Assistant will have the ability to work independently on projects; from conception to completion, and must be able to work under pressure at times to handle a wide variety of activities and confidential matters with discretion.
- Completes a broad variety of administrative tasks including: managing an extremely active calendar of appointments; completing expense reports; composing and preparing correspondence that is sometimes confidential; arranging complex and detailed travel plans, itineraries, and agendas; and compiling documents for travel-related meetings.
- Plans, coordinates and ensures the C-Level Executives’s schedule is followed and respected. Provides "gatekeeper" and "gateway" role, creating win-win situations for direct access to the C-Level Executives’s time and office.
- Researches, prioritizes, and follows up on incoming issues and concerns addressed to the President, including those of a sensitive or confidential nature. Determines appropriate course of action, referral, or response.
- Provides a bridge for smooth communication between the C-Level Executives’s office and internal departments; demonstrating leadership to maintain credibility, trust and support with senior management staff.
- Works closely and effectively with the C-Level Executives to keep him/her well informed of upcoming commitments and responsibilities, following up appropriately. Acts as a "barometer," having a sense for the issues taking place in the environment.
- Provides leadership to build relationships crucial to the success of the organization, and manages a variety of special projects for the C-LeveL Executives, some of which may have organizational impact.
- Successfully completes critical aspects of deliverables with a hands-on approach, including personal correspondence, and other tasks that facilitate the C-Level Executive's ability to effectively lead the company.
- Prioritizes conflicting needs; handles matters expeditiously, proactively, and follows-through on projects to successful completion, often with deadline pressures.
Senior Management Liaison:
- Participates as an adjunct member of the Executive Team including assisting in scheduling meetings and attending all meetings.
- Assists in coordinating the agenda of senior management team meetings and off-sites, and all- staff meetings.
- Facilitates cross-divisional coordination of travel and outreach plans.
Communications, Partnerships, and Outreach:
- Ensures that the C-Level Executives’s bio is kept updated and responds to requests for materials regarding the C-Level Executives and the organization in general.
- Edits and completes first drafts for written communications to external stake holders.
- Works with the Strategic Initiatives team in coordinating the C-Level Executives outreach activities.
- Follows up on contacts made by the C-Level Executives and supports the cultivation of ongoing relationships.
- Strong organizational skills that reflect ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks seamlessly with excellent attention to detail.
- Very strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build relationships with stakeholders, including staff, board members, and external partners.
- Expert level written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated proactive approaches to problem-solving with strong decision-making capability.
- Emotional maturity
- Highly resourceful team-player, with the ability to also be extremely effective independently.
- High levels of integrity and discretion in handling confidential information and dealing with professionals inside and outside the company
- Proven ability to flex and adapt to various competing demands, and demonstrate the highest level of customer/client service and response.
- Demonstrated ability to achieve high performance goals and meet deadlines in a fast paced environment.
- Forward looking thinker, who actively seeks opportunities and proposes solutions.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree preferred
- Strong work tenure: five to 10 years of experience supporting C-Level Executives.
- Experience and interest in internal and external communications, and partnership development.
- Proficient in Google Suite, Microsoft Office tools (Word, Excel, and Power Point), Adobe Acrobat, Visio and Social Media web platforms.
Location: Chicago, IL
In addition to our great environment, we offer a competitive base salary, employee development programs and other comprehensive benefits. Please send a cover letter along with your resume when applying to the position of interest located at Amobee.com. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. No phone calls and no recruiting agencies, please.