Director of Engineering, Data Systems
2131 - Engineering | Redwood City, CA | Full Time
Amobee is a technology company that transforms the way brands and agencies make marketing decisions. The Amobee Marketing Platform enables marketers to plan and activate cross-channel, programmatic media campaigns using real-time market research, proprietary audience data, advanced analytics, and more than 150 integrated partners, including Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, Snapchat, and Twitter. Amobee is a wholly owned subsidiary of Singtel, one of the largest communications technology companies in the world which reaches over 640 million mobile subscribers. The company operates across North America, Europe, Middle East, Asia and Australia. For more information, visit amobee.com or follow @amobee
Did you know Amobee is growing? What about the future of Digital Marketing? It is massive. With more devices, more channels and more cross-platform integrations, the most ambitious marketers now ask Amobee for more help. It is a great time to be in the Digital Marketing. It is a great time to join Amobee. We have an outstanding opportunity for a Manager of Engineering, Data Systems
If you are passionate about distributed computing, large-scale data pipelines, and real-time processing pipelines over petabytes of data, so is Amobee. If you seek innovation in solving the most challenging problems, you will lead a team of collaborators at Amobee. If your brilliance is in technically challenging management roles, Amobee is your arena to lead a world-class team of engineers with innovation of leading-edge solutions. If this is you, then you are Amobee!
Amobee is seeking an experienced Technical Engineering Manager to lead our Platform Data team. This team is responsible for developing, improving, and maintaining the core backend platform to transport, transform, and process large amounts of data from both internal and external sources. As a manager, you must be technically savvy in order to understand the technologies and the scale Amobee operates on, and guide the technical vision that continues to evolve the platform. You will also grow the team by hiring and providing mentorship and career growth to team members.
- Lead a team of engineers to build our next generation data pipeline
- Foster an environment of innovation and growth through coaching, crisp goals, and professional development
- Provide technical leadership to the team members in terms of software engineering and scalable robust systems design
- Manage all aspects of software development for data pipeline systems.
- Responsible and accountable for the operations and continuous improvement of our platform.
- Work closely with cross-functional teams to define and refine platform functionalities
- Technical leadership experience in high-scale systems development and operations.
- 3+ years in an engineering management role (team of 6+). Have demonstrated experience in hiring and growing talent.
- Broad and solid foundation in computer science, with strong competencies in algorithms, data structures, software design, and scalability of large distributed systems.
- Creative problem-solving. Ability to provide technical thought leadership at various organizational levels.
- Knowledge of the Hadoop ecosystem components, such as HBase, Phoenix, Kafka, Spark, and Oozie
- Strong communication skills, both oral and written.
- Experience in development of large scale data processing pipelines in production environments.
- Track record of delivering SLA and high availability for mission-critical applications over long periods of time.
- Experience in online advertising industry
Location: Redwood City
In addition to our great environment, we offer a competitive base salary, bonus program, stock options, employee development programs and other comprehensive benefits. Please send a cover letter along with your resume when applying for the position of interest located at Amobee.com. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. No phone calls and no recruiting agencies, please.