DevOps Lead/Architect- TechOps Core
1111 - Technical Operations | Redwood City, CA | Full Time
Amobee is a technology company that transforms the way brands and agencies make marketing decisions. The Amobee Marketing Platform enables marketers to plan and activate cross channel, programmatic media campaigns using real-time market research, proprietary audience data, advanced analytics, and more than 150 integrated partners, including Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, Snapchat and Twitter. Amobee is a wholly owned subsidiary of Singtel, one of the largest communications technology companies in the world which reaches over 640 million mobile subscribers. The company operates across North America, Europe, Middle East, Asia and Australia. For more information, visit amobee.com or follow @amobee
Core team at Amobee is part of technical operations. They are responsible for different functions like server hardware selection, systems deployment automation, providing core infrastructure services for the platform, systems performance tuning, automation, writing code for monitoring and alerting and managing thousands of server across different data centers. They are also responsible for creating tools that enable self-service models for service, infrastructure and monitoring provisioning. Site reliability is also part of this teams responsibility for providing Tier-3 runtime support for production Amobee platform and underlying systems.
Amobee is looking for experienced Operations Architect/lead to join technical operations core team. This person should be seasoned systems operations expert to lead initiatives focused on advanced system architecture and administration skills within a high volume fast scaling environment. They will collaborate with engineering, product & project managers, QA and fellow operations teams to architect and develop strategic and tactical solutions. Your skills will be utilized on projects to dig deep into our application architecture and perform sophisticated performance tuning.
This person will should be hands-on with roll-up-your-sleeves attitude to get the job done.
- Create both high-level and detailed technical design documents and facilitate design reviews
- Design, architect, and improve automation tools for systems management, including development of scripts/building tools to help engineering service owners and other fellow members of the group
- Dig deep into hardware, driver, Linux kernel, and TCP stack issues to troubleshoot problems and improve system performance
- Continuously improve our infrastructure to be easy to deploy, scalable, secure and fault-tolerant
- Lead efforts to evaluate new tools and technologies and take leading edge techniques and technologies into use in our operational stack
- Perform analysis of best practices and emerging concepts in DevOps, Infrastructure Automation, and system Security
- Perform periodic on-call duty as part of a team maintaining the availability and performance of the Amobee platform, as well as various internal services and systems that these core services depend on
- Leverage your technical experience to mentor and coach team members. Must be an excellent verbal and written communicator
- 8+ years of experience with medium to large-scale Linux production environments, preferably as part of an online service provider environment
- Hands-on expert level experience with at least one of the configuration management tools (Puppet/Ansible/Chef)
- Hands-on experience with containers stacks and orchestration like Kubernetes/K8S, Rancher, Docker
- Proficiency in scripting in one of Python/Ruby/Perl/PHP for operations scripts and text processing
- Expert in the configuration and maintenance of common applications such as Apache, Tomcat, Nginx, Memcache, Squid, LDAP NFS, DHCP, DNS, SNMP, Foreman
- Experience in system integration, log collection and analysis, using Logstash, Elastic search
- Experience in system metric collection, monitoring and alerting using TSDB, Grafana, Nagios.
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Experience with virtualization technologies
- Experience with openstack
- Knowledge of big data ecosystem components
- Ability to perform 'guerrilla capacity planning' for internet service architectures a huge plus
Location: Redwood City
In addition to our great environment, we offer a competitive base salary, bonus program, stock options, employee development programs and other comprehensive benefits. Please send a cover letter along with your resume when applying to the position of interest located at Amobee.com. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. No phone calls and no recruiting agencies, please.