Vice President Sales - Enterprise SaaS & Mobile Solutions
Sales | Encino, CA | Full Time
Are you an assertive, aggressive, hard charging, relentless visionary that must be in control of your own destiny as opposed to anyone else being in control of it for you? Do you want a compensation plan that rewards you for your ability to drive sales reps with no cap? Do you want to run with a very successful entrepreneur to change an industry? Are you tired of being held back by a mediocre leader that won't let you run full throttle?
If this sounds like you please apply for this role. If this doesn't sound exactly like you, please don't waste your time and ours.
American LegalNet is seeking an exceptional leader with an entrepreneurial spirit and a corporate foundation to join this dynamic company and help grow it to the next level – preeminent in the law firm support industry. If a challenge delights you and work stimulates you, read on
The VP of Sales should have a proven background in selling enterprise software solutions to large law firms and businesses and in developing sales strategies and teams. The ideal candidate is someone with strong sales pedigree, strategic and a credible leader with great attention to details, and passionate about building and managing a high-performing sales force to maximize growth opportunities. This leader is also responsible in building effective and strong business relationships in order to accelerate sales growth through new customer acquisition, upgrades and cross-sales and increase brand awareness in the industry. The VP of Sales will report directly to the Chief Executive Officer.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND DELIVERABLES
Strategic Sales Planning
- Focus on go-to-market plans to targeted premium customers and down-market for the new products and sales strategy for each of the existing products including professional service offering.
- Design key business development, sales and relationship-building initiatives.
- Define and establish a more effective sales approach, methods, activities, benchmarks and expectations that will ensure building appropriate and accurate pipeline, close rate, and controlled sales cycle and basis for measuring performance of the sales team.
- Create effective tools and methods in delivering sales targets, quotas, forecast and budget.
Sales Execution & Performance
- Develop and execute a sales program that will ensure achievement of plan and sales targets for each of the sales territories and each of the products.
- Continually evaluate the effectiveness of the sales methods and program as whole and recalibrate sales strategies.
- Manage, lead and mentor sales staff in identifying, creating, qualifying, nurturing and developing, and closing opportunities.
- Monitor sales activities to ensure progress in sales close cycle and act promptly on areas that require attention and correction.
- Conduct regular and frequent meetings with the sales team and be intimate with each of the opportunity that they are working on.
- Facilitate and assist in closing deals particularly the high ticketed opportunities.
- Implement robust performance measures and reviews using actual data versus benchmarks and expectations to drive strong sales execution.
- Constantly review on-going optimization and resource alignment that is scalable.
- Stay aware of the developments and changes in the industry, competition and clientele particularly those affecting opportunities and sales targets.
- Perform gap analysis between initial commitments and actual sales delivered and highlight learnings and adjustments to sales approach with the goal of coming up with appropriate actions to bridge the gaps and a more accurate future commitment/projection.
- Continually evaluate sales compensation and commission programs and adjust accordingly to encourage higher sales delivery and address poor performance.
- Conduct/attend trade shows, conferences and networking events with the goal of generating leads, highlight / demo products and services, understand competition’s offerings and be visible in the industry.
Leadership and Management
- Provide strong and credible leadership to the sales staff, setting a unified direction for the team and ensure priorities are clear at all times
- Provide thought leadership to develop a high performing sales organization and customer centricity culture
- Recruit, retain and mentor high-performance and highly engaged sales team.
- Train, develop and motivate sales team in skills, sales methodologies and activities, product knowledge, teamwork, time and territory management, and competitive knowledge.
- Lead key account planning, business development opportunities and sales forecast and commitment decisions.
- Travel and meet with customers / potential customers together with assigned territory sales staff.
- Establish strong relationships and partnerships across matrixed functions to collaborate on solutions which help remove roadblocks/barriers to sales execution.
- Manage account and contact information through the entire sales lifecycle process using the company CRM and ensure that the sales team maintains detailed account profiles and prepares sales and activity reports as required. Take ownership on the accuracy of information in the CRM.
EDUCATIONAL QUALIFICATIONS / SKILLS / EXPERIENCE:
- Proven experience as a Sales Leader or similar executive role: exceptional leadership skills with the ability to motivate and inspire others to perform and achieve results within a diverse team
- Experience in solution platform / software sales to enterprise
- Experience closing deals with large law firms across the U.S.
- Strong, tested sales experience and leadership in organizations that drive growth in revenue, number of customers and lifetime value of customers
- Strong execution focus and ability to develop solutions and strategies to further accelerate growth
- Executive level interpersonal and problem-solving skills with the ability to successfully influence and quickly build credibility to maximize organizational growth and profitability
- Ability to foresee, interpret and rapidly respond to market changes by adjusting strategies and realigning priorities accordingly
- Proven experience closing or assisting sales team members in closing large ticket deals
- MBA/MSc/MA preferred, and must have BS/BA in business administration, marketing, computer science, engineering or relevant field or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Minimum of 10 years of professional experience in sales leadership roles on a national level
- Strong business and analytical acumen; strong problem-solving skills
- Advanced written and verbal communication skills
- Existing network of contacts/leads to open doors in sales territories
- Travel – must be willing to travel up to 50-70% of the time
We offer a competitive compensation and bonus/commission plan with a generous benefits package that includes vacation time-off, paid sick days, flexible health Insurance, 401K and generous recognition for outstanding performance.
Please submit your resume for consideration.
Manages: Up to 10 direct reports
Travel: Approximate 50% per year
For additional Information, please visit our websites.