Training Manager - Software Training and Support
Customer Service | Encino, CA | Full Time
AMERICAN LEGALNET, INC. - TRAINING MANAGER
American LegalNet is seeking exceptional leaders with an entrepreneur spirit and a corporate foundation that will join this dynamic mezzanine company and help take ALN to the next level – preeminent in the law firm support industry. If a challenge delights you and work stimulates you, read on…
Employee Title: Training Manager - Software Training and Customer Support
Travel: Approximately 50 - 80% per year
Location: Encino, CA headquarters
THE POSITION’S PURPOSE:
The Training Manager will be responsible for providing initial and on-going training and support of American LegalNet products and Relations to the top law firms in the country.
The Training Manager plays a crucial role in new client start-up efforts and client retention strategy. He/she will be a hands-on first level trainer, will train the firm trainers, users and oversees the production of training materials and schedules.
This position is also responsible for internal new employee training and continuing training on new product features.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS / MAJOR OBJECTIVES / DELIVERABLES:
- Participates in needs analysis studies with client firms to determine training needs and preferred approach or training best practices for each firm.
- Confers with firm management to gain knowledge of specific work situations requiring employees to better utilize available workflow and forms management technologies.
- Tracks and reports to department heads on SLA’s, customer issues and internal support staff deliverables.
- Assists with pre-sales and post-sales as required.
- Maintains CRM database with the direction of the CEO to track client issues activities and future training projects.
- Works closely with managers in other departments on updating policies and procedures for customer services and training needs.
- Reports on progress of clients and firms under guidance during training periods.
- Frequently analyzes customer usage and satisfaction of our products to adjust accordingly towards improvement.
- Formulates teaching support materials outline, agenda and determines instructional methods such as individual training, group instruction, practice group specific sessions, lectures, demonstrations, web conferences, face to face meetings, and learn by lunch workshops.
- Revises design of training curriculum and recommends methods to improvement effectiveness.
- Selects or develops teaching aids such as training handbooks, quick reference cards, online tutorials, demonstration models, multimedia presentation aids and reference works.
- Conducts training sessions covering specified areas such as new product implementation, product use (website and toolbar plug-in) and other firm specific customizations such as intranet pages, custom forms hosted solutions and SQL integration with docketing systems.
- Selects or develops testing and evaluation procedures for the purpose of administering post completion surveys to measure progress and to evaluate effectiveness of training and that training needs are met.
- Primary point of communication with all client needs and questions – the Training Manager is the tip of the spear.
- Resolves difficult issues regarding customer complaints and other matters.
- Proactive communication with customers to either reignite or maintain customer relationships.
EDUCATIONAL QUALIFICATIONS / SKILLS / EXPERIENCE:
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Strong verbal and written communications skills.
- Strong technical skills, desktop, web and software Implementation and Training
- Ability to interact and communicate with various departments – need to be able to adapt to audience (C-level, IT, users, etc).
- Bachelor's degree (B.A. or B.S.) or two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Previous Senior Trainer experience. The ideal candidates will have training experience in a law firm environment or have held the position of technical trainer or product training specialist in the past.
- Strong presentation skills both verbal and technical including experience with presentation tools like PowerPoint and/or desk top publishing software.
- Knowledge of SQL database functions, Expert in Microsoft Office 2003, 2007 and 2010 software suites, Windows Operating System Environments (XP, Vista, 7) and with other law firm macro integration packages such as Softwise Innova, Legal MacPac, Payne Consulting, ESQ Innovations.
- Candidates should also have a strong understanding of Document Management Systems (DMS) including Interwoven IManage, OpenText DM5, DocsOpen and Docketing Systems including eDockets, ProLaw and CompuLaw, which are in use in the law firm environment. Candidates should also have a strong technical understanding of Microsoft SharePoint 2007 and 2010.
- Travel – must be willing to travel 50-80% of the time throughout the US conducting on site, in-person training/relationship building efforts.
· Very Competitive salary and great benefits, includes Vacation, Health Insurance, 401K and generous Bonus plan.