Technical Support and Solution Implementation Specialist
Information Technology | Encino, CA | Full Time
Employee Title: Technical Support and Solution Implementation Specialist (Tier2/Tier 3)
Location: Encino, CA headquarters
American LegalNet has changed the way law firms conduct their practice with the introduction of the ‘Desktop to Courthouse’ workflow solutions suite of products which includes eDockets, Forms WorkFlow and Court eFiling tools. This suite of legal practice software products, individually or combined, allows law firms to improve the workflow necessary to support the entire litigation or filing lifecycle, and reduce the risks associated with missing dates and current content.
American LegalNet is seeking a Customer Technical Support Representative (Tier 2/3)
The Position’s Purpose
The Customer Technical Support Representative position’s primary function is to provide client-facing technical support to the company’s main products (Forms Workflow and eDockets as well as other related solutions – eFiling, DocketAlerts, SmartDockets, DocketConnect). Such support activities will include trouble-shooting with the installation, implementation and deployment of the products, client-installed product maintenance, participation in project management and requirements involving the features of the products and documentation and summary of feedback for product management purposes, among others.
Essential Job Functions and Performance Criteria -
- Provide Tier 2 (and even Tier 3) Technical Support to the company’s clients and customers in the use of the company’s enterprise software solutions.
- Provide timely response to phone calls, email and chat involving client tickets that are technical in nature; Troubleshoot and provide client support for technology and infrastructure issues.
- Answer incoming calls or escalated tech-support related calls for products and sites
- Document and update incident technical details into the company’s ticketing and CRM systems.
- Escalate issues to Tier 3 and Product Development team if unable to resolve through initial triage and troubleshooting.
- Create MSI (Installers) for FormsWorkflow software product.
- Provide training to clients’ technology staff regarding the products.
- Execute standard operational processes which involve technology and client interfaces.
- Familiarity with SQL Server, ability to write and execute sql queries for SQL Server
- Other projects assigned by the supervisor
Production, Implementation and Deployment Support:
- Coordinating with various IT teams to migrate software to production and testing environment and performing assigned scheduled tasks.
- Responding to assigned tickets from customer requests and configuration management
- Participate in the application development review process to ensure Production Support team can support new applications and enhanced functionality
- Performs configuration management for implementation of new system functionality into production.
- Maintain ongoing communication with Service Desk, end-users, business analysts, QA team, development team on IT systems and issues.
- Provide Product Management and Product Development teams feedback from clients regarding the products as well as areas for improvement for product features that will help better client experience.
- Participate in projects that include software installation and deployment:
- Conversions from other products and solutions
- Customization of the product to customer requirements
- Pilot implementation and installation roll-outs
- Integration with other systems including accounting, conflicts, document management, records, and other custom or enterprise applications used by the customer
Management Reporting, Metrics and KPIs:
- Monitor and improve customer support metrics and KPIs, including utilization and productivity rates.
- This position is tasked with developing and implementing effective practices, procedures, and communications with senior management, colleagues, and subordinates to satisfy the following requirements.
- Develops effective tracking and reporting to provide early detection of problems and highlight opportunities.
- Strong technical background including servicing enterprise solutions and databases
- Strong interpersonal skills and strong analytical skills – understand business processes and issues from business users
- At least 3 years of technical support (to clients) experience including basic customer support tasks
- Must be proficient in all versions of Microsoft Products and Databases
- Knowledge of SQL database functions, Expert in Microsoft Office 2003, 2007 and 2010 software suites, Windows Operating System Environments (XP, Vista, 7) and with other law firm macro integration packages. Candidates should also have a strong understanding of Document Management Systems (DMS) including Interwoven, IManage, OpenText DM5, DocsOpen and Docketing Systems including eDockets, ProLaw and CompuLaw, which are in use in the law firm environment. Candidates should also have a strong technical understanding of Microsoft SharePoint 2007 and 2010.
- Experience in ticketing and CRM systems
- Strong verbal and written communication skills (the role requires client interface through phone calls, meetings, email and chat)
- Strong organizational and problem-solving skills
- Understanding of software implementation process and project management.
- Ability to work on multiple items at one time and to ensure that overall priorities are being met.
- Can function with minimum supervision
- Team orientation and customer focus
- Ability to work and discuss issues and matters with developers and engineers and Ability to interact and communicate with various departments – need to be able to adapt to audience (C-level, IT, users, etc)
- Relevant college degree
We offer a competitive compensation plan with a generous benefits package that includes vacation time-off, paid sick days, flexible health Insurance, 401K with full 6% matching and generous recognition for outstanding performance. The company also provides employees with internal activities such as ping-pong, yoga, etc. We also provide a stable and professional work environment.
If you would like to become part of our team, please submit your resume for consideration.