Sr. User Experience Designer
Software Development | Encino, CA | Full Time
American LegalNet www.ALNCorp.com has changed the way law firms conduct their practice with the introduction of the ‘Desktop to Courthouse’ workflow platform suite including eDockets (docketing/calendaring solution) and its associated software, Forms WorkFlow and Court eFiling tools. This suite of legal practice software products, individually or combined, allows law firms to improve the workflow necessary to support the entire litigation or filing lifecycle and reduce the risks associated with missing dates and non-current content.
American LegalNet is seeking a UI/UX Designer with an entrepreneurial spirit and a corporate foundation that will join this dynamic mezzanine company and help take ALN to the next level – preeminent in the law firm support industry.
Essential Job Functions:
The UI/UX Designer will design and implement websites from initial concept and user interface to finished deliverable. Review Code and implement the company Web sites from Photoshop layout through html/CSS to a custom theme, functions, and plugins. As well as design and implement new features, enhancements, and content of existing websites. Create and update re-usable code libraries to streamline development cycle. Site documentation and maintenance. Design interfaces and graphics for presentations and mobile-delivered applications.
- Evaluating existing applications and evaluating their UX (user experience) effectiveness
- Measuring the human-computer interaction (HCI) element of a design
- Using online tools, such as screen readers to determine effectiveness of media
- Conducting user testing of applications, software and websites
- Creating and implementing interaction models, user flows, and user interface specifications
- Communicating scenarios, end-to-end experiences, interaction models, and screen designs with other members of the team
- Developing and maintaining design wireframes and specifications of best practices to share with design team as new projects begin.
Note: Must have all of the experience listed below.
UX Designer Requirements and Qualifications
- BS Interaction Design, Industrial Design, Architecture or similar
- Masters preferred
- Excellent IT and programming skills
- 5-6+ years in Engineering or User Experience Design
- Portfolio of sample projects highlighting design for web based applications, mobile applications & consumer facing web sites and/or applications
- Interest in constantly keeping up-to-date of latest trends, best practices and competitive activity
- Ability to work well with ambiguity or when requirements are still in flux
- Proven experience showing clear understanding of the intersection between user needs, technology requirements, and business goals
- Artistic eye for design and the ability to think creatively while maintaining accuracy and attention to detail
- Mathematical aptitude and strong problem-solving skills
- Excellent organizational, time and project management skills
- An understanding of the latest design and technology trends and their role in a commercial environment
- Business-minded approach to time, costs and deadline
Please submit, along with your resume, URLs of projects you’ve worked on with descriptions of your specific projects.
Competitive salary. Generous benefits package that includes vacation time-off, paid sick days, state bar dues reimbursement, gym membership reimbursement, flexible health insurance, 401K with full 6% matching, and generous recognition for outstanding performance. The company also provides employees with internal activities such as ping-pong, yoga, etc., and a stable, professional work environment.