Software Implementation Specialist
Information Technology | Encino, CA | Full Time
AMERICAN LEGALNET, INC.
SOFTWARE IMPLEMENTATION SPECIALIST
American LegalNet is seeking exceptional candidates with an entrepreneurial spirit and a corporate foundation to join this dynamic mezzanine company and help grow it to the next level – preeminent in the law firm support industry. If a challenge delights you and work stimulates you, read on.
Employee Title: Software Implementation Specialist, American LegalNet
Reports to: CTO
Location: Encino, CA Headquarters
THE POSITION’S PURPOSE: The Implementation Specialist’s primary function is leading all aspects of product Implementation for our customers American LegalNet. In addition to leadership responsibilities, activities will include preparation of project documentation, including scope management, business requirements, project plans, tasks, timelines and oral and written client communications. The Implementation Specialist ultimately ensures that Implementations meet internal and external expectations within agreed time frames and with the highest quality. The person in this role is expected to be hands-on in every aspect of Product Implementation.
RESPONSIBILITIES: The Implementation Specialist plans, coordinates, supervises, and directs the implementation/ support functions within ALN:
- Focuses on, without being limited to, the following activities with regard to ALN’s current products:
- Conversions from other products and solutions.
- Customization of the product to customer requirements.
- Installation and implementation of the product throughout the firm in accordance with the specific requirements of the customer.
- Pilot implementations.
- Practice, department, office, and firm rollouts.
- Integration with other systems including accounting, conflicts, document management, records, and other custom or enterprise applications used by the customer.
- Development of SharePoint integration and custom webparts.
- Leads teams to deliver contract services in a timely and cost effective manner.
- Handles oversight and coordination of project timelines, tasks, milestones and deliverables for PS projects.
- Responsible for training our clients as needed on our various product.
- Works with and through ALN’s staff to achieve organizational and project goals. Creates and implements project definitions, schedules, budgets, and objectives for medium to large size projects of moderate complexity. Tailors project management overhead accordingly for smaller or less complex assignments.
- Prepares statements of work for project engagements and monitors performance to ensure that project commitments meet contractual specifications.
- Determines need for and impact of changes in project scope and makes recommendation based on determinations.
- Gains concurrence, approval, and consensus from customer stakeholders regarding the various project aspects and adjusts accordingly.
- Identifies appropriate resources and staffs projects. Organizes project team members to ensure communication and understanding of deadlines, assignments and objectives. Acts as the point of contact with customer project management representatives.
- Manages costs, schedules, and quality by overseeing project deliverables. Ensures schedules and budgets are met. Identifies needs for adjustment/change and revises within established guidelines/policies as appropriate.
- Performs ongoing review of project status; identifies project risks. Develops recommends and implements risk mitigation solutions as approved and as appropriate.
- Interfaces with team members and stakeholders to anticipate and manage changes to projects such as but not limited to, technical requirements, business requirements and schedule. Determines when additional resources are need and implements same.
- Manages customer, company management and project team expectations for agreed upon project performance by obtaining and providing project metrics.
- Oversees assigned personnel to projects. Assigns work and provides direction with regard to timeliness and completion of project objectives. Addresses performance issues within prescribed guidelines. Provides performance input upon completion of project.
Reporting and Staff Development: The Implementation Specialist is tasked with developing and implementing effective practices, procedures, and communications with senior management, and colleagues, to satisfy the following requirements:
- Works closely with, and reports weekly to management on accomplishments, activities, and progress against goals and objectives.
- Develops effective tracking and reporting to provide early detection of problems and highlight opportunities.
- Engages in the full extent of client relations and professional services activities providing professional growth opportunities and deepening and broadening their experience and capabilities.
- Engages management appropriately and in a timely manner in problem determination, remediation, and resolution.
EDUCATIONAL QUALIFICATIONS / SKILLS / EXPERIENCE:
- Strong interpersonal skills, strong verbal and written communications skills.
- Strong technical skills, desktop, web and software Implementation.
- Ability to interact and communicate with various departments – need to be able to adapt to audience (C-level, IT, users, etc.).
- Bachelor's degree (B.A. or B.S.)
- 5 + years in managing complex software implementations.
- Knowledge of SQL database functions, Expert in Microsoft Office 2003, 2007 and 2010 software suites, Windows Operating System Environments (XP, Vista, 7) and with other law firm macro integration packages such as Softwise Innova, Legal MacPac, Payne Consulting, ESQ Innovations.
- Candidates should also have a strong understanding of Document Management Systems (DMS) including Interwoven IManage, OpenText DM5, DocsOpen and Docketing Systems including eDockets, ProLaw and CompuLaw, which are in use in the law firm environment. Candidates should also have a strong technical understanding of Microsoft SharePoint 2007 and 2010.
- Travel – must be willing to travel 20-30% of the time throughout the US conducting on site, in-person implementation required and relationship building efforts.
COMPENSATION: Base salary plus commission and bonuses based on sales goals.
For additional Information, please visit our websites.